got the new F350 firmware - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #31
Major Player

I was wondering that too - I did it though and have just been spending the last hour resetting all my settings! Good to do though as it reinforces knowledge about the more obscure settings (and reading the manual!)

I couldn't see anything that obviously changed either - all the new settings were in place and seemed to be working OK without the reset.

Doin the counter update might be useful though.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #32
Regular Crew

When I try to update the firmware on my 330 it reads AT = 1.50 Package 1.56 not (1.54 PACKAGE: 1.62) as in Andy Mees Instructions and a message no files found on memory stick do I have a problem ( the last update I had to send my camera back to Sony UK)
Thomas
Thomas Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:45 AM   #33
Major Player

>When I try to update the firmware on my 330 it reads AT = 1.50 Package 1.56

Seems that the 330 firmware and 350 firmware update are one and the same thing, however, as per the instructions, you need to update to the 1.62 firmware before you install this one ... you can download the 1.62 update from the Sony ftp site or from their website here:
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...Download.shtml

Last edited by Andy Mees; February 21st, 2008 at 06:26 AM.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by you can download the 1.62 update from the Sony ftp site or from their website here:
[url
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/markets/10014/xdcamDownload.shtml[/url]
I would appericate if someone could provide me with version 1.62 update so I can try to install the 1.93 update as I cannot register to Sony servicePlUS site as it seems to be for the US only and I keep been redirected ther from Sony Europe this requires STATE ans ZIP CODE and cannot get past this stage when trying to register
Thomas
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM   #35
Major Player

Hi Thomas,

I have been sending you a PM.

Greetings,

Ivan
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Ivan thanks for your reply for the firmware I have sent you my email hope this sorts my problem
Thomas
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:18 PM   #37
Major Player

Hi Thomas,

Looks like the administrator disabled the PM's!

Send an e-mail to: removed
Greetings!

Last edited by Ivan Snoeckx; February 21st, 2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: e-mail adress removed
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:20 PM   #38
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Snoeckx View Post
Hi Thomas,

Looks like the administrator disabled the PM's!
Nope, that's up to the user to set in their profile. Ivan, go to your user options page and make sure you have the correct email address stored and that you have the box checked to allow email from other members.

-gb-

EDIT: I see that you have a different email address stored than the one you posted above. Might want to change your profile to match it and edit your email out of public view, lest the harvest bots latch on to it.
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 04:30 PM   #39
Major Player

Thanks Greg,

But everything is setup fine.

I got Thomas his e-mail now. It was coming in a little bit slow ;-)

Thanks again.

Greetings!
Old February 21st, 2008, 07:04 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Ivan I got your file thanks a lot worked well I am now updating to versIon 1.93/AT-1.60 following Andy Mees Instruction I am having a problem no 14 -15

Select the “OTHERS” menu.15. Use the rotary encoder to scroll to the bottom of this menu (the asterisk should be
next to Memory Support).

When I get to Memory support the asterisk is at UPLOAD TO EEPROM not Maintenance Hours as in the instructions can anyone advise me as I am no expert on this
Thomas
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:28 AM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Quinn View Post
Ivan I got your file thanks a lot worked well I am now updating to versIon 1.93/AT-1.60 following Andy Mees Instruction I am having a problem no 14 -15

Select the “OTHERS” menu.15. Use the rotary encoder to scroll to the bottom of this menu (the asterisk should be
next to Memory Support).

When I get to Memory support the asterisk is at UPLOAD TO EEPROM not Maintenance Hours as in the instructions can anyone advise me as I am no expert on this
Thomas
Did you do a reset first?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 04:40 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Paul If you mean a Country reset PAL or NTSC yes or is there something else that needs reset please let me know I have followed the instructions to a tee as they were given
Thomas
Old February 22nd, 2008, 04:57 AM   #43
Major Player

Yes that's what I meant - the instructions do mention one of the menus only being available one time (until the procedure is completed) but I think that was the next level down. Probably best to talk to Sony Support next.

Is the new firmware showing correctly at the new versions?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:03 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gale View Post
Yes that's what I meant - the instructions do mention one of the menus only being available one time (until the procedure is completed) but I think that was the next level down. Probably best to talk to Sony Support next.

Is the new firmware showing correctly at the new versions?
yes 1.60 and 1.93 showing in rom version
Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:12 PM   #45
Regular Crew

I just performed two upgrades on my 350 (I was one behind) and everything went well. I did decide to skip the Fresh 1.06 upgrade that was bundled with the AT1.54 and Package 1.62 upgrade, because I was hesitant to open up the camera. Can someone shed light on what the "Fresh" upgrade is and if I might run into problems because I didn't install it?

Thanks.
Ray Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts