Low Noise Test Stills - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri Liaos View Post
I am very sure Alister is right in what he says, but I have a little remark.
By reading around the threads I start believing that we are creating the impression that there is a choice between the F3xx and the EX1, or that someone would actually sell his F3xx to buy the EX1.
Maybe so for the demanding amateur, but for the professional there is no such choice. The EX1 is just an excellent B-camera, but apart from the greater sensitivity, there is also an army of shortcomings to it compared to a professional camcorder from the F3xx series
Well said- couldn't agree more. I started another thread about the use of the EX-1 vs the HVX-200 as a B-Camera with that in mind.
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #17
Inner Circle

But to be fair the EX1 has a number of strengths as well. Theres quite a few things it does as well as, if not better than the F350.

The EX1 isn't unnecessarily going to be the right camera for many jobs but then nor is the F350. You need to work out your exact requirements before making the choice of which camera to use. From a picture quality point of view there is so little between them that you need to look at the features, functions, portability, lenses, stuff like genlock and timecode before choosing a camera.

The EX1 is more than just a B roll camera and that's not just my opinion it is also the opinion of Discovery HD amongst others.
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #18
Major Player

As the EX1 is approved for 100% production by Disco HD for many documentary makers it will be the "A" Camera. I'd happily shoot a whole docco on it. Just take a look at what Phil Bloom is doing with it.
Steve Connor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts