Zoom display at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #1
New Boot

Zoom display

This is my section post in the last couple of days. I don't seem to be able to see the zoom range indicator in my viewfinder. Recently I hired a Canon J21 lens and it appeared. With my Fujinon A13 x 6.3 BERM SD lens It doesn't. Is it my lens not giving out the data? I have turned it on and off in the menu but nothing happens.

Cheers

Jon Essex
DSR570 PDW F355 FCP
Jon Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Major Player

I believe that only some lenses give out the data and (some?) of the Fuji lenses have to have this function enabled - although I'm not sure how successfully? This is only my vague recollections though - someone else may correct that?...
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Major Player

On the Fuji lenses both the menu in the camera and a switch on the lens need to be in the correct position.

Check your Canon lens manual to see if there is an activation switch for camera communication and make sure it is "on." I'm assuming you bought a Canon lens with hotshoe communications.
Rick L. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:52 AM   #4
Major Player

I tried that before on mine and never got it to work.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts