error message on a 335 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #1
Major Player

error message on a 335

Does anyone know what does error code 20-018 mean on 335?

The camera just came out of the box yesterday and this is the first day shooting with it.
Jeremy Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Major Player

If the error codes from the PDW-F335/355 are the same as the PDW-F330/350 it means the following.

20 = Loader (P1) assembly errors

018 = ?

I would suggest you contact your dealer immediately.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks

I was hoping it would be something simpler just for the fact that I'm in the office in MN and the dept of our company using the camera is in Mass. He flew to MN Tuesday night picked up the camera Wednesday, flew to Orlando last night to shoot today.

Yesterday when we took it out of the box it worked fine. At his hotel last night it worked fine, today they shoot one disc, it didn't eject properly, but they got it out then put a second disc in which the camera doesn't recognize and won't eject.

Guess he'll be shipping the camera back to our vendor in MN.

Thanks for your help. Based on the problems I would say it is definitely a loader assembly error.
Jeremy Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Doyle View Post
they shoot one disc, it didn't eject properly, but they got it out then put a second disc in which the camera doesn't recognize and won't eject.
Ouch, I hope they knew to use a phillips screwdriver in the little hole on top to operate the disc eject mechanism. Still, it sounds like there is a definite problem there.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts