Non-stop time-code at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 27th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Non-stop time-code

My TCG is running continuously. I have tried to re-set it with no success. Whether in R-Run, Regen or F-Run, it's all the same. I would appreciate any pointers on this, thanks.
Old March 27th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Wrangler

Sounds like you have cache recording turned on. So in essence, the camera is always recording, but stops flushing the buffer when you actually hit record.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks

Bingo, you are good, much thanks. One more thing while I'm thinking about it. I thought I lost the cover for the lens connection on the camera. I called Sony, where they told me they had no such part in their system. I find it hard to believe that the cam shipped without such a part, I just don't remember. Who is right, me or Sony?
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Sony is right. There is no cover like that.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Snoeckx View Post
Sony is right. There is no cover like that.
Beg to differ Ivan, I have a plastic cover on my lens connector since I'm using the 1/2 lens with hot contacts in the lens mount. The camera certainly ships with one. Maybe they don't offer it as a spare part.

Maybe the SD cameras don't include a cover since it's certain that the lens connector will be used with 2/3 lenses.

-gb-
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Major Player

Ooops! I never knew that. The F-330 that I have owned until two weeks ago was a second hand and it did not include such a cover. So I thought there was not such a thing. My fault

Then Greg is right and Ivan is wrong!
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #7
Regular Crew

And Eric is out of luck. I'll have to double my effort to find it here in this jungle I call an office, thanks again.
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Snoeckx View Post
The F-330 that I have owned until two weeks ago...
So Ivan, what did you replace it with?

-gb-
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #9
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Emerick View Post
And Eric is out of luck. I'll have to double my effort to find it here in this jungle I call an office, thanks again.
You might be able to improvise with one of those plastic end caps for metal chair feet, etc. at your local home improvement store. I just looked at mine and it isn't all that different.

-gb-
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Major Player

At the moment I have no camera anymore! If I need one, I have to rent, or use my cousins DVCAM. The buyer of my 330 with lens gave me a very good price, but wanted it to have immediately.

Normally I'm going to get a new F-355. But I'll wait to order after NAB to see what Canon is going to come up with. Hope they come with a 2x extender version of the KH13x4.5 KRS. Early may I'm also going to the presentation of the new PDW-700. But I doubt that for the work I'm doing it is justified to get a pricy killer machine like that.
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #11
Regular Crew

found it

I found a Sony parts company in Miami that can order it for me. I'll know in 2-3 weeks if it's indeed the part I'm looking for. It's listed as lens mount cap, sounds right to me.
Old March 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #12
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Emerick View Post
I found a Sony parts company in Miami that can order it for me. I'll know in 2-3 weeks if it's indeed the part I'm looking for. It's listed as lens mount cap, sounds right to me.
That sounds like the cap you put in the bayonet mount when you remove your lens. Is that what you were originally looking for? I was of the impression that you were looking for the small cap that covers the 2/3 lens cable connector on the right-front of the body.

-gb-
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Ah, no, the bayonet mount cap is what I was looking for, not the 2/3 lens cable connector. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts