F330 "Mem full" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #1
New Boot

F330 "Mem full"

Hi All

Just back from a shoot in London with my F330. Mid way through the shoot I got a "MEM Full!" error which stopped the recording and froze the camera (the previous footage seemed fine). I have to kill the power to get the camera to restart. Thinking it was related to the memory stick I popped it out and started recording again. After a while longer it came up with the same error. I swapped discs and it seemed to be ok. Back home I have checked out the manual and it puts the fault down to "Shock proof memory overflow". Strange as I had the camera static on a tripod! Any ideas??

Cheers

Neil
Neil Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Telecam Films

Is your firmware up to date?
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #3
New Boot

Yeah - I have the latest firmware. I ran a test last night where I set the camera up and ran through a disc, no problems? Could it somehow be related to the disc??

Neil
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM   #4
Major Player

Each time the disc cant be written the cam writes to MEM.

There COULD be something wrong with the disc so the cam cant write (so the MEM runs over). Sounds like a strange & very rare failure.

Did it happen to other disks too?

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:28 AM   #5
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Ambrose View Post
Yeah - I have the latest firmware. I ran a test last night where I set the camera up and ran through a disc, no problems? Could it somehow be related to the disc??

Neil
Including the FRESH right? I have this happen on a friend's of mine camera which had its firmware updated except for the FRESH.

T.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #6
New Boot

Not 100% sure what the "FRESH" update is. On the camera the current ROM version shows as follows.....

AT 1.60
Package 1.93

If FRESH is the update which requires the Jig then the answer would be no I haven't updated it! As the camera is less than 2 years old and still covered by Silver support do you think it is worth sending it to a Sony engineer??

BTW I've only had it happen once and have run through a whole disc in similar conditions with no problems. I have to admit the disc had sat in the camera bag for a while so perhaps it had somehow got damaged??

Neil
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #7
New Boot

Just done a search on the forum to find out how to determine the FRESH version, on checking the FRESH version is 1.06 - not idea if this is the latest or not though :-)

Thanks for your help guys!

Neil
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Ambrose View Post
Just done a search on the forum to find out how to determine the FRESH version, on checking the FRESH version is 1.06 - not idea if this is the latest or not though :-)

Thanks for your help guys!

Neil
Yes, that's the most current version.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts