Questions about XDCAM-HD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM   #16
New Boot

It is clear what is the F-350, by the CA, I have also Canon KH20, and is a perspective of very poor quality with a lot of vertical and lateral chromatic aberration, for the price we pay, Canon could have worked more on design This optical, truth, I'm going to watch a Fujinon, worth paying more,
This lens is the price of a Ex1, and seeing these images we can see the quality of Ex1, I raised also sell the camera for the optical problem, but the fact that record in SD convinces me not to.
A greeting
Alf Salva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM   #17
Taken away too young... rest in peace Eugene

Well... One good thing I can say about my Canon KH 20x6.4... It actually has a lot less CA than when I put my old Canon 18x SD lens on the F335.

But it is impressive how good the EX1 lens apparently is, especially for the price... Or are they doing some kind of electronic CA supression in the EX1?

And back to that other question someone posted, does the aliasing go away when shooting in interlaced? I hadn't actually noticed any in my own shooting, which is mainly 60i.

Oh, and thanks for these great comparison images, Alister.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:22 AM   #18
Major Player

My Fuji lens has a lot of CA too - much more noticeable than my old 2/3" DVCAM SD Fuji lens.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:56 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Iīm pretty sure that I read in an article that the EX1 has some sort of "CA compensation" integrated. However this doesnīt work while you are zooming. Thatīs why pictures didnīt show much CA when still, but as soon as you started zooming you got CA all over the place.
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Kosarovich View Post
Or are they doing some kind of electronic CA supression in the EX1?
The short answer is yes. It's also easier to implement because the lens is permanently attached.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:19 PM   #21
Inner Circle

There is CA correction in in the EX1 and I believe it will be programmable on the Ex3 depending on the lens used. I think some of the F350 CA is generated in the prism as it doesn't matter what lens you use there is always some CA.

I did the same test shot in interlace and the Aliasing is just the same.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM   #22
Trustee

Thanks Alister. Off topic, but you would have been busy here yesterday, an EF3-4 wedge tornado a mile wide cut a 35 mile swath of destruction, taking life and property over a wide area in a rural area about 50 miles north of Denver.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
Thanks Alister. Off topic, but you would have been busy here yesterday, an EF3-4 wedge tornado a mile wide cut a 35 mile swath of destruction, taking life and property over a wide area in a rural area about 50 miles north of Denver.
Seems tonight is pretty active as well in the midwest. Overall, it seems to have been a very active severe weather season so far.

Ok, sorry... back to XDCAM HD.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Bad Day yesterday, 63 tornado reports, mainly Kansas but no reports of any fatalities. Really wanted to make the trip over but was committed to several XDCAM shoots. Am heading back out to chase some time around June 1st for a week.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts