DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Sony Wireless Receiver loose? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/122128-sony-wireless-receiver-loose.html)

Nick Kesler May 21st, 2008 01:33 PM

Sony Wireless Receiver loose?

Both of our 330 XDCAM HD cameras are experiencing the same problem. The Sony wireless receivers are slightly loose and cause our cameras to loose power when jarred in the slightest way. We removed the receivers and tested the cameras without them (with both IDX and A/B Dionic batteries) and they work fine no matter what we do to them.

Is this a common problem? Is there any known fix?

Thierry Humeau May 21st, 2008 01:53 PM

Yes, this is a known issue and we have experienced it on our F350s as well. There is a service bulletin (www.telecamfilms.com/xdcam/pdwm07-025.pdf) specifically addressing the V-Mount battery connection issue when using these cameras along the WR-855 wireless mic holder. There is a new battery connector harness now available that will solve all your issues.

Best,

Thierry.

Ivan Snoeckx May 21st, 2008 02:18 PM

Is this problem fixed on the newer dual layer models (F335/F355)?

Nick Kesler May 21st, 2008 04:05 PM

Thank you for your help! Do you know if that's covered under warranty by Sony? Either way, it's good to know there's a fix for it.

Nick

Greg Boston May 21st, 2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau (Post 881193)
Yes, this is a known issue and we have experienced it on our F350s as well. There is a service bulletin (www.telecamfilms.com/xdcam/pdwm07-025.pdf) specifically addressing the V-Mount battery connection issue when using these cameras along the WR-855 wireless mic holder. There is a new battery connector harness now available that will solve all your issues.

Best,

Thierry.

Thanks Thierry, I didn't get that one. Mine is one of the affected serial numbers although I don't use the receiver box. Since I'm using AB power, the adapter stays on and screwed down to the camera back all the time.

-gb-

Thierry Humeau May 22nd, 2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Kesler (Post 881270)
Thank you for your help! Do you know if that's covered under warranty by Sony? Either way, it's good to know there's a fix for it.

Nick

Yes, this is covered under warranty. Here are your options:

- You send your camera to the nearest Sony service center (at your own expense), the repair, parts and shipping charges back to you are covered by Sony. If your camera also needs firmware upgrade, it will be done all at ounce free of charge.

- You order the new harness from Sony Parts ($74) and replace it yourself. I chose that option. The replacement is pretty easy but I would not recommend it to anyone without a minimum of experience fixing electronics.

Thierry.

Thierry Humeau May 22nd, 2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston (Post 881330)
Thanks Thierry, I didn't get that one. Mine is one of the affected serial numbers although I don't use the receiver box. Since I'm using AB power, the adapter stays on and screwed down to the camera back all the time.

-gb-

Greg,

My partner has a F350 with the AB adaptor and has not had any problem at all. However, since this is covered by warranty and considering that the camera is likely to have power issues when using a combination of V-Mount batteries with the WR-855 wireless adaptor, I would encourage anyone to have the harness replaced.

Thierry.

Thierry Humeau May 22nd, 2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Snoeckx (Post 881211)
Is this problem fixed on the newer dual layer models (F335/F355)?

Yes, I beleive all F335/F355 cameras are outfitted with the new harness. Just check your camera and look for the little pin hole that identifies the new harness type. If you have already sent your camera for service, it is likely that the faulty harness may have been replaced. Sony routinely applies current service updates to equipment sent for service under warranty.

Thierry.

Ivan Snoeckx May 22nd, 2008 12:50 PM

Thank you very much for the info Thierry.

Greg Boston May 22nd, 2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau (Post 881444)
Greg,

My partner has a F350 with the AB adaptor and has not had any problem at all. However, since this is covered by warranty and considering that the camera is likely to have power issues when using a combination of V-Mount batteries with the WR-855 wireless adaptor, I would encourage anyone to have the harness replaced.

Thierry.

Already thinking about that. Thanks for the info.

-gb-