Low key saturation problem? - shift in color at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old September 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #1
New Boot

Low key saturation problem? - shift in color

I have attached 2 screenshots of my daughter where her hair is shifting from brown to reddish in one shot. This happened while I zoomed out only a little. I've did a manual whitebalance, so it cannot be a shift due to automatic wb.

I've tried to figure out what's causing this, and the only thing I can think of is the Low Key Saturation setting of menu A50. I have set this to +6. As her hair (and the curtain) are the lower keyed parts of the frame, this would make sense?

Can anybody confirm if this could happen when you dial in Low Key Saturation? Or could this be something else? It's the first time I've noticed this, but the camera is pretty new, so I haven't filmed a lot with it yet.

Any thoughts highly appreciated!

footage:
http://www.aviomedia.nl/lynn.m2t (40MB file)
Attached Thumbnails
Low key saturation problem? - shift in color-lynn_hair_ok.jpg   Low key saturation problem? - shift in color-lynn_hair_red.jpg  

Old September 27th, 2008, 06:19 AM   #2
New Boot

solved my own problem.
The lens RBG flare was setup (A67 lens file / R-6 B-19 G-6) and this caused the ugly blue/red tint under certain conditions (for instance filming with a lot of highlight). The RGB flare was setup by a professional engineer.. :-(

Richard
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you for posting the solution!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts