PDW-U1 write back problem!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Tourist

PDW-U1 write back problem!!!

Hello,

I use Canopus Edius V 4.61 for editing Sony MXF (SD - DV) files recorded in PDW-F335 and 330 cameras. After the editing I render the timeline in XDCAM DV format and need to write this file back to XDCAM DISCS (Blu-ray) using the PDW-U1 drive!!! Sometimes this routine does OK, sometimes not.
I tried copying trough Windows Explorer, trough the UPLOAD utility in Edius and also trough the Sony PDZ-1 software. When the copy fails the disc becomes corupted so I need to use U1 Utility and make a DISC RECOVERY. After this the disc becomes OK again. Then i try to copy the file that failed and it goes OK.
I've made many tests and this happen in different drives (pdw-u1), different NLE´s with different files.

My system runs the latest version of ALL Sony softwares:
- PDZ-1 ver. 2.40
- FAM Driver ver. 2.04
- PDZ-VX10 ver. 2.1 (XDCam Viewer)
- PDW-U1 firmware ver. 2.065 (the one that allows writing back to discs)

Does anyone here experience the same problem?????? Any solution?

Thanks a lot

Gabriel Dagostini
Gabriel Dagostini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi

I am not experienced in Edius+U1, but make sure your file matches the typical clip names from the xdcam units (c0001.mxf etc.).

Could that work?

ULi
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #3
Tourist

The software U1 Utility, bundled with the drive allows to configure the default file types. It can be set to "C000x" or "free". But the problem occurs in both cases!

Tks.
Gabriel Dagostini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts