F700 Continuous Clip Record / XDCAM Transfer error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Major Player

F700 Continuous Clip Record / XDCAM Transfer error

A buddy of mine was playing with buddy of his' F700 yesterday, so apologies in advance for the consequent vagueness of my questions! Anyway he called this morning saying that he'd run into a couple of issues when trying to get everything set up:

1) He couldn't find the Continuos Clip record function. Does the F700 have the Continuous Clip Record function? If so, can anybody direct me to the menu page where you can turn this on/off.

2) He also had communication errors when trying to import the hi-res through XDCAM Transfer. Does that ring a bell with anyone? Apparently reading and downloading the proxies, metadata etc was all fine but then it always failed on any hi res clip import with a "lost communication" (again apologies, I don't have details on the exact error message).

Thanks all. Your comments are much appreciated.

Edit: This would be on a "recent'ish" MacBook Pro running FCP 6.0.5 and XDCAM Transfer 2.7.1, when that didn't work he updated XDT to 2.8. The transfer error was solely within XDT, it was not being imported into FCP.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi

I donīt know about 2), but 1) Clip Cont. Recording will be implemented with further updates.

There is an official statement about forthcoming updates and dedicated times for the updates.

Regards

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
He also had communication errors when trying to import the hi-res through XDCAM Transfer. Does that ring a bell with anyone?
Is he using iLink or Ethernet to transfer?
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #4
Major Player

Simon, Thanks for having a stab at it ... iLink ( XDCAM Transfer doesn't do Ethernet ... or does it? )

Uli, Thanks for the heads up on the Clip Cont. Recording

Best
Andy
Andy Mees is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts