Steve F700 Ownership Questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham View Post
I don't want to rip into the company here as I have not physically taken apart any of their gear, but I haven't been hearing good things about the build quality of devices such as their chargers.
The batteries themselves seem fine though and power my camera (DSR450) for hours and hours . I can easily go a whole day of normal shooting on one battery. Their more expensive chargers look better made. The bats were incredible value. (Just don't buy the cheapy plastic charger!)

The 190Wh may be a good solution with the PDW700 but I hope others will chime in with their experiences with Swit.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM   #17
Inner Circle

That's camera on, recording for 40-60% of the time, average take of a couple of minutes so around a 25gb disc full.

I have a dual channel swit multi chemistry charger and a couple of 160 Wh NiMh swit batts. I've had them for 4 years. The charger is fine but the batts are getting tired now.
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I have a couple of the Swit 8110S since summer 2005, so more than 3.5 years now. I used it on a DSR400 and since spring2007 on a PDW350. No problems so far. But the 350 is taking much more power than the 400. I can recommend the Swit-Batteries to everyone.
Robert Schemitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:40 PM   #19
Major Player

I'm going to get some of these Omega Power Systems batteries in a couple of days. The 192Wh for my camera and a 95Wh to power up my ENG audio mixer. They are distributed by Bebob Broadcast Engineering in Germany, so they must be good. They also have a Powertap connector for powering up other equipment.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:52 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Those batteries look very classy, but according to Bebob they're 435 euros, the SWIT one with the same spec is about 270 euros I think.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 08:17 PM   #21
Trustee

Hmmmm. Not so sure about those. Systems like the SWIT, AB etc can have several batteries automatically charging simultaneously or automatically one after the other. If these batteries have an integrated charger, yet still require a separate charger for simultaneous power up, then is extra money being spent on features that aren't needed? My AB's can also be charged much quicker than these.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts