Potential future of F3xx - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM   #61
Inner Circle

I copy BPAV to hard drive first and then rewrap.
I'd never rewrap without backing up BPAV first.
Rewrap from hard drive seems to be about 6.5x so importing a MOV would be faster.
Of course you're right about starting with MOV as opposed to a generic format.
The JVC camera does record to a generic format which JVC doesn't mention. My guess is that it's the same BPAV/MP4 that the EX uses since it's the same codec.

It seems JVC Korea has a pic of the JVC HM700 (which looks like the JVC 250) which I've posted elsewhere on DVInfo. Apparently JVC USA does not want the pic posted though for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Not sure it will make any difference for most users. The only time there would be an advantage is if you edit directly from the card. Most users will copy the files from the card to the computer prior to editing which is no different to the current workflow where the MP4's are re-wrapped as they are copied.

If you do choose .mov files you could end up with an issue if you need to then pass on your project to a PC user as PC's cannot read mpeg in a .mov wrapper.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts