DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   PDW700 FCP import, gray bars on index icon and export to picture (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/235768-pdw700-fcp-import-gray-bars-index-icon-export-picture.html)

Takeshi Fukushima May 21st, 2009 12:02 AM

PDW700 FCP import, gray bars on index icon and export to picture

Hi all,

I have imported my footage from the camera via XDCAM transfer, and already started to edit my piece. However, all my bin icons of the clips has 1 horizontal thick gray bar and 2 thinner lines running vertically, thus making it recognizable. I also have found out, if I export via Quicktime export, it makes these bars as well.

Anybody familiar with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Takeshi

Gene Bauer May 25th, 2009 10:24 PM

I have not seen that specific issue. I would make sure you are running the latest version of XDCAM Transfer(2.9) and if you are running Final Cut Studio.... your version needs to be 6.0.3 or above if it is the newer HD422 codecs. Support for the newer codecs came with the Final Cut 6.0.3 update. I would update these and make sure your capture/sequence/output settings all match up with the native footage. Using Easy Setup in FCP and match with the XDCAM HD flavor is probably the easiest way to do this.

More information is needed here to better help you. The codec, NTSC or PAL, bit rate and frame rate of the clips. It could be firmware versions of the camera/deck. Are you using KONA or Decklink settings?

Takeshi Fukushima May 26th, 2009 12:31 AM

Thanks for your input.
I have shot MPEG HD (HQ) mode, I am editing with a FCP 6.05. I am not having trouble editing or Exporting Quicktime. The icons in FCP, the export via Compressor Quiktime transfer, (? I am using japanese version, so I don't know what the actual wordings are...) and even the icons in "Finder" have these grey bars,,, http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/496685/picture7.png

Very strange. I don't have a disk reader nor camera here, so I think I will continue working like this, since I can evade the problem.

Andy Mees May 30th, 2009 11:12 PM

Takeshi
This is because you must have downloaded and installed the trial version of Calibrated Software's XD Decode codec. This is not intended for use on FCP systems as is noted on their website.
Calibrated{Q} XD Decode

Quote:

IMPORTANT: Calibrated{Q} XD Decode for OSX is NOT meant for Apple Computers where Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Studio is installed.

DEMO LIMITATIONS
Calibrated{Q} XD Decode will gray out the middle 1/3 of the video frame. The top and bottom thirds will also have 1 horizontal gray line and 2 vertical gray lines embedded in the video frame.
Uninstall the XDDecode component and things should be fine.
Best
Andy

Takeshi Fukushima June 1st, 2009 07:42 PM

THanks Andy!!

>>DEMO LIMITATIONS

That description exactly matches my problem! I have searched my system to find a Calibrated{Q} software I DO NOT remember downloading nor installing... I have transfered my footage via XDCAM transfer, and open them in FCP. I don't see how Calibrated{Q} could have come in to the process...

I have uninstalled it, now hopefully everything will be normal for once... Do I have to re import everything you think?

Thanks again!!! So glad to know what the problem is!
Takeshi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Mees (Post 1151124)
Takeshi
This is because you must have downloaded and installed the trial version of Calibrated Software's XD Decode codec. This is not intended for use on FCP systems as is noted on their website.
Calibrated{Q} XD Decode

Uninstall the XDDecode component and things should be fine.
Best
Andy

Takeshi Fukushima June 1st, 2009 07:51 PM

Andy,

Just to report that I've restarted my system and everything is a-okay! No Grey marks!
You can't imagine how relieved and happy I feel now. I had no idea what the problem was and it was driving me nuts!!

Thanks again!!
Cheers,
Takeshi