F800 Events At AbelCineTech July 7th & 9th - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old July 15th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #31
Telecam Films

Andy,

As far as I can see on Letus's web site, all models appear to include optical flip image functionallity (Prism technology with proprietary Image Orientation Correction technology (IOC). This adapter "flips" the image upright). I was very interested by the Brevis because it comes has a modular three piece system, flip image, vibrating glass and B4 adaptor but after checking with Cinevate, they say that you have to use the flip module and cannot mount 35mm lenses directly to the Brevis. I think that really opens a door for the development of an ultra compact, nifty 35mm adaptor for the new generation of 2/3" cameras with built-in digital image flip feature.

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau View Post
Andy,

I think that really opens a door for the development of an ultra compact, nifty 35mm adaptor for the new generation of 2/3" cameras with built-in digital image flip feature.

Thierry.
Check the Cinemek G35. I'm not clear on its compatibility with 2/3" but no flip on this.
Max Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #33
Starway Pictures

So what's a full-kitted F800 package run? Including viewfinders, base plates, batteries and chargers?
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #34
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Allen View Post
Check the Cinemek G35. I'm not clear on its compatibility with 2/3" but no flip on this.
That's the kind of simple adaptor I'd love to use on the F800. Unfortunetly, it does not appear that the Cinemek G35 has a B4-Mount option to bypass the camera lens. I hope they are working on such a thing.

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts