Latest firmware in F335 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old August 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Taken away too young... rest in peace Eugene

Latest firmware in F335

I helped a friend of mine install the PKG 1.98 tonight on his camera, and I don't know if it's connected to the new firmware, but the camera later did some things I couldn't explain.

One thing we did was quick format a couple of previously used discs. After formatting the first one, I hit the thumbnail button as I normally do just to be sure it worked and it came up with "No Clip!" as expected. But after quick formatting the second disc, no message came up when I pushed the thumbnail button. I then put the previous disc in and that one didn't show anything when thumbnail was pushed, either. So then I powered down the camera, and powered it back on. Then both discs would show the "No Clip!" message as expected when I pushed thumbnail.

Another odd thing was when we were doing some experiments with different white balance presets, we weren't able to get the preset back to 3200. It started at 3200, but after we moved around a bit, the closest we could get it was 3199 or 3204.

I haven't personally installed this latest PKG on my camera yet, but these little issues I saw give me pause, though I don't know if there is any actual connection.

Have any of you noticed anything odd with the latest firmware?

Thanks.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #2

The upgrade instructions didn't say to, but I wonder if my friend should do a full reset on all his settings? I remember how the earlier firmware updates needed a "factory reset", but that was from the service menu, which I don't think is accessible anymore.
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Telecam Films

It is a good idea to reset your camera to factory settings from time to time. This could clear any odd settings or combination or settings changes that you may not have noticed. I keep a master copy of my user settings and paint files on a memory stick and usually reload those after each firmware upgrade and reseting the camera to factory settings.

Thierry.

Last edited by Thierry Humeau; August 16th, 2009 at 06:40 AM.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM   #4

Resetting the camera to factory settings fixed my friend's problems.

I guess this is something one should do after every firmware update, even if the update instructions don't say you must.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts