Hot shoe adaptor kit? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 16th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hot shoe adaptor kit?

I'll soon be purchasing a camera mountable monitor for my F355L and to my dismay realized that this series of cameras doesn't have such an adaptor included. According to the manual Sony suggests part number A-8274-968-B. This part has been made for probably the last 20 years and has been included on almost all their broadcast cameras. I've noticed that an old Sony DXC-M7 on my shelf just so happened to have one. To my excitement I removed it... only to realize I can't mount it to the F355 because the screws are too short! I have a junked Sony HI8 and a D30 both of which use the same shoe and have short screws. For whatever reason Sony decided it would be in their best interests to recess the screws several millimeters further down in this particular camera. I don't have any machine screws that'll fit. Any recommendations on this, or better yet a front shoe mount adapter which Sony readily suggests 'contacting your Sony dealer' for? I find this quite frustrating.

- Jonny
Old October 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #2
New Boot

if you don't need to have a hot shoe, (not sure what monitor you have) you might consider using something like this
Nebtek: Product Detail

I've got one and it works quite well and you never have to worry about it slipping or falling.

Chip
Chip Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I will be purchasing an arm like that for the Marshall display i'll be ordering but would also like to have a rear hotshoe to mount my Sennheiser 100 G2 on simultaneously.
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Wrangler

Try your local hardware store to get slightly longer screws if that's an option.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

That's indeed what I just did actually. Works quite lovely, and just in the nick of time! :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts