New PMW-350, EX1R camcorders and SxS media announced - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 28th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #181
Inner Circle

Sorry David I thought you were asking if there is a wheel on the side of the camera that handles temp. You can set the button on the side for what ever you like and of course you can change it in the menus.
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #182
Regular Crew

PMW 350 after three months

I will repeat the comments of Mr. David Hart's for my own benefit.--
"I am very interested to hear about anyone who has purchased one of these cameras and has used it in the field, has it met your expectations, would you agree it is a good DSR-570 replacement? Are you usiing a Nano? Will it record to SxS and Nano? I am looking to buy one soon once the rush has settled down a bit. All coments welcome. Thanks"
Please comment Since I am also verymuch interested in buying or I must wait for Scarlet.
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #183
Major Player

ex1r

i can speak for the ex1r
excellant camera on all levels. lowlight, exceptional quality and a crystal clear lcd.
the 350 has bigger chips and is shoulder mounted,but for the 19,000 you would pay for that camera, you can buy 2 ex1rs and a nano.and still have 5,000 left over. yes you can record to nano and sxs.
2 32gig cards will get you almost 4 hours at HD quality.
lowlight may be alittle better on the 350 since it has 2/3 inch chips, but if its that dark you would use a light anyway. i would get the ex1r unless money is not an issue.
best camera out there in its class and at a very reasonable price point. everything else in that price range falls well below it on every level.
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #184
Inner Circle

I have a PMW-350 and I love it. I regularly use it with a NanoFlash and it makes a really good combo. The picture quality is amazing with low noise giving very clean pictures which you can do a lot of work with in post. The overall package is excellent, light weight for a shoulder cam, low power meaning smaller batteries and the colour viewfinder. The kit lens works well and is a good starter HD lens. I've used it in Northern Norway at -20c and it performed flawlessly. I don't think there is anything else on the market that is even close for the money.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts