DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   PDW-F335L Specification Mismatch (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/468144-pdw-f335l-specification-mismatch.html)

Malik Yusuf November 21st, 2009 10:03 AM

PDW-F335L Specification Mismatch

I have a PDW-F335L, but the model number printed on top of my camera is only showing me PDW-F335 which is supposed to be PDW-F335L according to my purchasing invoice.

It was not causing any kind of confusion until my failure to locate the "SLOW MOTION" function from the camera menu which was supposed to be located under the CAM CONFIG menu (TOP MENU> MAINTENANCE> CAM CONFIG) but it was not available there.

For this reason I became worried about my camera model mismatch (between the invoiced and actual model). Primarily I have found some specification mismatch from the following two official product pages:
PDW-F335 : XDCAM : Camera : Sony Asia Pacific
Sony Product Detail Page - PDWF335L

I am already running the latest firmware (AT: 1.20, Package: 1.98).

Right now I am really finding the answer to the following queries:
1. Is there any real big specification difference between the PDW-F335 and PDW-F335L?
2. Is it still possible to do the SLOW & QUICK MOTION with my camera PDW-F335 (which is supposed to be F335L according to the purchased agreement)?
3. Am I trying the "SLOW & QUICK MOTION" through any stupid way or it can't be done on my current camera?

It would be very helpful to know your experienced views regarding my confusion, thanks in advance.
_____
MALIK

Alister Chapman November 21st, 2009 12:56 PM

The F335 cannot do slow motion, you must have the F350 or F355 for slow motion.

The F335 is sold in two different packages. The "L" package is camera and viewfinder only the other package is the "K" package that includes a Canon lens. The actual camera is always just F335.

Malik Yusuf November 22nd, 2009 02:16 AM

What should I consider now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman (Post 1450554)
The F335 cannot do slow motion, you must have the F350 or F355 for slow motion.

The F335 is sold in two different packages. The "L" package is camera and viewfinder only the other package is the "K" package that includes a Canon lens. The actual camera is always just F335.

Chapman, many many thanks for your L and K package definition for F335. Actually I was convinced with the detailed camera specification, which can be found on this official product page:
Sony Product Detail Page - PDWF335L

You can also check that there is a clear statement about the "SLOW & QUICK MOTION FUNCTION" of this (PDW-F335L) camera under the "Camera Section Specifications" within that official page.

Now what should I mean? Isn't Sony advertising some fake information about this camera, what have already made a partial loss in my investment? It was really a good deal for me to have a modest set of functionality in my PDW-F335L camera (according to that product page) compared to the F350 or F355 counter part with a +25% or +70% (respectively) reduced cost. But now it's miserable to know the real information which was not expected though.

I would really appreciate your explanation in this situation, thanks in advance.

Anton Strauss November 22nd, 2009 02:25 AM

looks like the webdesigner of that site stuffed up, in which case you could get a refund

here at Sony Australia, it states correctly
PDW-F335 : XDCAM : Cameras : Sony Australia

Malik Yusuf November 22nd, 2009 02:49 AM

How is it possible!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Strauss (Post 1450741)
looks like the webdesigner of that site stuffed up, in which case you could get a refund

here at Sony Australia, it states correctly
PDW-F335 : XDCAM : Cameras : Sony Australia

Strauss thanks for your reply. Its not only stated in the web page, its also published in the official user manual of PDW-F335L (in page no 103 & 120), which can be downloaded from the same official web page (under the "Resource" tab).
Here is the direct link:
http://ws.sel.sony.com/PIPWebService...35L_manual.pdf

How is it possible to make that simultaneous mistake at the same time for such a costly professional product?

Thanks again.

Anton Strauss November 23rd, 2009 01:52 AM

my user manual is correct

I suggest contacting sony in your area and complaining, maybe they give you the 355 because of their advertising mistake

Greg Boston November 24th, 2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malik Yusuf (Post 1450745)
Strauss thanks for your reply. Its not only stated in the web page, its also published in the official user manual of PDW-F335L (in page no 103 & 120),

I looked at the Specifications Tab on your first link and it does indeed list slow and quick function under the camera section. This is a mistake.

regards,

-gb-