F355 w/ DTE Recorders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM   #1
New Boot

F355 w/ DTE Recorders

Has anyone used the F355 with a DTE Recorder? How well does it work? I shoot large events and recently got an F355 but want to use a DTE Recorder with it so I can start editing at the airport and won't have to bring a deck with me.

I mostly shoot SD because I have to match most of my footage with powerpoint slides.

Any suggestions for a good DTE would be great as well. I was thinking about the FS-CV100

Thanks,
-Jeremy
Jeremy Borton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

One thing I discussed with the Convergent Design folks was the question of what would come out of the HDSDI when set to overcranking. The concensus seemed to be that it would just be 25P.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Vortex Media

One solution is to connect to the F355 at the end of the day via FAM, offload all the proxy files (takes a minute or two) and then start doing your rough cut in the airport. Later, you can import the full res clips and replace the proxies on your timeline.
Ultimately, I think this workflow would be faster, easier, and require no extra gear to drag around on your trip.

If you record to a DTE, then you're going to have whole other set of files what will have to be archived, backed-up etc.

Just an idea.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Inner Circle

A NanoFlash would be a nice option. Set the camera to output SD and the NanoFlash will record very high quality MPeg2 onto compact flash cards. Plug the cards into the computer with a cheap CF to USB adapter and away you go.

The beauty of the NanoFlash is that it can also do very high quality HD. Even if you don't take advantage of that now it may be invaluable in the future.

You could also use a Sony MRC1K compact flash recorder with the camera in DV mode or HDV mode.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts