PMW-350 Developing Scene Files (Picture Profiles) - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old November 8th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #121
Inner Circle

Re: PMW-350 Developing Scene Files (Picture Profiles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
Hi Alister,

May I ask whether you have experimented in the direction of finding the best matching PPs for EX1 and FS100?

I have both, but only now I'm going to use them together - shooting (as usually) live classical music (you know the challenges:)).

Piotr
Sorry I'm quoting my own message - yes, I'm doing it do bump it up :)

Also, I realize this is not the best thread for discussing the FS100 camera, but since you're now talking about matching different cameras, I thought I might rise my issue here after all...

Finally, even if I turned directly to Alister, I'd like to kindly welcome others to comment on the above question of mine. One of the experts whose opinion I'd value particularly high is Doug Jensen - the more so that, unlike Alister, he is a great evangelist of getting the picture right while shooting in the field, rather than leaving everything "to be fixed in post" :)

Thanks in advance,

Piotr
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #122
Inner Circle

Why does everyone seem to think I like to fix everything in post? Yes, I like to grade as I can eek out those small nuances that are hard to get right when you shoot, but most of my PP's are designed to generate a useable image straight out of the camera. The use of Cinegammas can make that though as their gamma curves are quite a long way from Rec-709 so there will be a miss-match between reality and the image on the screen, but perhaps that is the look you are seeking.

Anyway I've drifted off.... The FS100's picture profile setting range is courser and more limited that those of the EX's. The processing is also quite different so it makes matching tougher. I did do a PP for an EX1 to get it close to the FS100, but it wasn't perfect and I didn't write down the settings, so at this stage I can't help. Perhaps Doug has dialled them in.
Old March 6th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #123
Regular Crew

Below is a full set of my latest PMW-350 scene files.

Mainly matrix tweaks.
neut2 is one I like that gives rich primary colours while still reasonably true to life.
Cine1 is a sudo filmic look (crushes blacks)
Film1 is meant to emulate well saturated film stock
DSC-1 is based on Chroma-Du-Monde chart for accurate daylight color
Neut is my first matrix tweak for a less green look and warmer skin tones.
Attached Files
File Type: zip alister 350 scene files1.zip (10.7 KB, 426 views)

How do you open these scene files? I've tried to download them onto my laptop and then open them but to no avail.
Kevin Langdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #124
Regular Crew

I downloaded the file. Then I dragged and dropped it onto an sxs card next to the Bpav folder and not in it but 'no files' continues to show up when the card's put in the camera.
So slightly confused as to why the files don't show up.
Kevin Langdon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts