F330 - Help firmware update & MS-69A jig at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew
F330 - Help firmware update & MS-69A jig

Jeeesus! I thought it should be simple to update the firmware of my F330, but there are quite a lot of questions coming up...

1. When I started, the cameras present firmware was PKG-1.60/AT-1.52 (if I remember correctly).

2. I began to update with PKG-1.62/AT1.53 - but got a bit confused. Instruction no 11 told me to open the side panel of the camera and change the setting of a DIP-switch. This was supposed to give me access to SERVICE MENU... but nothing happened. I couldn't see the SERVICE MENU.

Question 1: Some threads says that there is no need to open up the side panel. To me this means that you don't have to access to the SERVICE MENU. Any comments?

3. The camera seem to work well at this stage, but who knows...
Anyway - next step would normally be to update the firmware to V1.62/AT V1.54.

BUT... the instructions tells me that I need a jig (MS-69A) to do this update. This would also upgrade the MemoryStick slot to use sticks up to 2GB.

Question 2: Do I need to do this upgrade to get any further - or can I just skip it?
Question 3: Do I install it, but the upgrade of the MemoryStick would not work?
Question 4: Is it a must to do the FRESH install (also meaning open the camera, use the DIP-switch and go by SERVICE MENU).?

In this pdf: http://supportdocs.sonybiz.net/index...9/00043751.pdf
on page 14 (section 11) - I'm told that the "BOOT Program V1.54 is required when the MAIN program is upgraded to AT V1.54 or higher".

It also says: "If the AT software is upgraded to V1.54 or higher without upgrading the BOOT Program to V1.54, the unit may not operate correctly.".

This can not be done without the MS-69A jig.

What can I do?

I just noticed that I found the wrong DIP-switch. Beware: There are two DIP-switches that are revealed when you open the camera. Both have almost similar names. The switch on the board INSIDE the camera is the right one - not the one on the inside of the cover.
I have now got further on in my update process :)

Last edited by Joachim Ljungquist; January 27th, 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Joachim Ljungquist is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts