Sony Viewfinder input - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #31
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Collapsed and with the trolly removed the TCCT is 22"x13"x8" which certainly meets most airlines regulations. The normal maximum allowed carry on size limit is 22"x18"x10" . I just checked this on the BA and AA web sites, Continental and United are 22"x14"x9". Some airlines have an additional limit where H+L+W must not exceeding 44" which the TCCT just meets at 43". It is a little bit of a squeeze to get it in to a bag size checker as it tends to need to be squashed length wise as the expanding end piece needs to be squashed flat, but it does fit.
Almost all the U.S. domestic airlines specify 22 x 14 x 9, or 45 inches linear, with a few exceptions. According to the Kata specs, 22 x 13 x 8 are the internal dimensions of the main compartment. Does the outside dimension shown include the trolley? So you're saying it can be squashed down to basically allow shoehorning into the 22 x 14 x 9 box?

The link below lists most U.S. airlines. The info shown is not always correct, but it includes a convenient link to the carry on baggage policy for each airline, which does have the current carry on size and weight limits.

Airplane Carry On Rules by Luggage Online
Attached Thumbnails
Sony Viewfinder input-katatcct_kt_va-014.png  
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #32
Inner Circle

I've just measured mine, with a PMW-350 inside, but VF removed so basically in its collapsed state the external dimensions are 22" (and a tiny bit) x 14" x 9", so it is regulation size with the trolley removed. I have had it in a British Airways size checker, it was a tight fit but it went in.
Old April 4th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #33
Trustee

That's good enough for me. I'm ordering it now.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts