PMW-350 great value at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Inner Circle

PMW-350 great value

I feel I need to post this information regarding the Sony PMW-350. Today I had 12 emails with people asking why am I selling my 350, and what is wrong with the 350.

There is nothing wrong with my PMW-350 or the PMW-350 in general! Just look at this thread and see Alister’s comparison with his Sony PDW-700.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...w-350-a-4.html

The reason I am selling my PMW-350 is I have two part time contracts that I have signed, both long term, and the producer says I need to have a F800 or F900. Well I am not going to buy a tape base F900. So I have to sell my PMW-350 and buy PDW-F800. It is as simple as that! I cannot own both cameras at the same time. A big expensive upgrade but for me at this time that is what I have to do!

The PMW-350 is an amazing camera it is a step up from the EX1/EX3 with its 2/3” sensor and B4 lens options. The Kit lens is very nice and the viewfinder is excellent. SxS is proven itself worthy over the last 2 ½ years. The power draw is very low. I did a shoot yesterday with my 130Wh battery and it was ½ empty after a 9 hrs day of off/on shooting. For the price it is the best camera on the market in my opinion.

So don’t hesitate to go with a PMW-350! It is a great camera and if it fits your business go for it. If not find what fits your business. I just wish I had the contract prior to buying so I could have saved the money I am loosing. Well some lucky person will have a gain at my expense. Oh well such is business.

Last edited by Paul Cronin; March 18th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Paul Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #2
Major Player

Sony 800

You are geting a fantastic camera... NBC used 800's for all the Olympic features and they looked like a million bucks. I heard that Bexel may get some Olympic stuff. after you get yours it would be worth sending to Roger Macie for his magic touch and get scene files that will blow you away. I have been cooking files for 10 years and his really amaze me.

I have been chomping at the bit to get a HD XDCAM (2/3"), but the calls are not that plentiful for the 700/800. I am thinking at this point that I will put off any camera purchase until some of the noise dies down about camera/ format choices. I have an HDX-900, EX-3 and the ol' Z1U that will have to do for now.
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks George it is a great camera and a big step up in dollars. Appreciate the Roger Macie info.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts