Sony PMW-320K/L - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 14th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
ramping slowmo are things that are probably off in the distance.

Ramping has been around for ages, in the original Varicam and now in the current ones. And before that, of course, in film cameras like Arriflex and Aaton.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #47
Regular Crew

You're right..just checked it out at NAB...The 320 is listed at $14,800. It is the PMW-350 with half inch chips instead of the 350's 2/3 inch chips at over $18K. These cameras are aimed primarily at news operations which want the heavy shoulder mounted camera that you can literally throw around. They both have slots for SxS cards AND SDHC cards. However, it is more than twice the price of an EX1...so that means your EX1 is still the best bang for the buck by far.
Frank Casanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM   #48
New Boot

Hi all, this is my first post.

I'm excited about this as well, especially the XDCA-55 & XDCU-50 option. Brochure stated that you can control this camera from 100m distance, which is the max length. But as they using multicore 26-pin cable for power, two pair of BNC cables for the signal and return video, a booster will help you solve to extend the range and I guess the multicore cable could extend way more. But, when Sony option to put in the multicore cable here instead of triax, it would be expensive to spend on the longer cable unless you go for a used one. Spending so much just to power up for camcorder?... huhu...

Comparing head-to-head with HXC-100 triax system, I just hope the new PMW-350 + CCU setup will not cost as much. If it's much cheaper, the PMW-350 setup have a recording advantage over the HXC-100 but with less operation distance. Imagine if Sony can do this setup with triax... yeahh.. they can do it, they just don't want to.

Link to the brochure is here :
https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/...a_cu_v2461.pdf
Ahmad Husni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #49
New Boot

Re: Sony PMW-320K/L

I have 2 EX1R's and the 320K with lens is not over twice the price of the EX1R. I got my EX1R's on bhphoto for 6300 in 2010. The PMW-320K is listed on bhphoto and everywhere else for 11900 with lens. On the other hand for a mere 7000 dollars more you could go with the PMW-350 for 18900 with lens with the only difference being the 2/3 sensors. To me its all about having one good shoulder mount camera with all the proffesional controls on the outside of the camera and can't afford to pay 19000 on one camera. So its 5600 more than the the Sony EX1R with only similarity being the 1/2 inch sensors or 7000 more with only difference being the sensors. The min illumination rating for EX1R is listed at .14. For the 320K it is listed as .05 lux so that would seem to be a tremendous advantage in low lighting situations. The 350K beats them both with .006 lux but to expensive of a camera for me. I would say the 320k lux rating is closer to the 350 than the EX1R is to the 320K. I already got a great deal of money tied up in sound devices 788T and 6 schoeps microphones along with wireless to consider the PMW-350. After all I've got to match up b camera footage from my two EX1R's to the 320K.

For a special event and wedding free lancer like myself the 320k camera is all the camera I will need to impress clients and future clients just by the outward looks of it as it compares to the EX1R cameras. Even if it films the same exact way as the EX1R, I want the controls and impressivness of one good shoulder mount camera and the 320k fits the bill without having to fork out 7000 dollars more for the 350.. I also need at least one camera to time code sync to my 788T as the EX1Rs have no way of doing this by themselves.
Daniel Melius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Re: Sony PMW-320K/L

deleted..... question in wrong section.... sorry

Last edited by Ron Fabienke; September 11th, 2011 at 10:28 PM.
Ron Fabienke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts