DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Separate forum for 350 / 320 ...? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/477426-separate-forum-350-320-a.html)

Chris Hurd April 22nd, 2010 09:36 PM

Separate forum for 350 / 320 ...?

The title says it all. Should we split the shoulder-mount 350 and 320 cameras out to their own board?

Andrew Stone April 22nd, 2010 09:56 PM

Few of reasons to keep them part of the existing forum. One, all the cameras use the XDCAM EX 35 mbit format/codec. Second, critical mass for discussion and dissemination of information. Third, discussion on the existing cameras is tapering off; talk of the newer cameras is bringing more discussion to this highly trafficked forum.

Are there enough owner/operators of these new cameras to create the critical mass to keep a new forum going?

David Issko April 23rd, 2010 05:36 AM

I'm easy. I have just used my PMW-350 for the first time today on a paying corporate. Great to have a full size shoulder mount camera again, not that I had it on my shoulder.Blacks are black, no matter what fabric is shot and I shot just about every black fabric in existence today! K lens is actually quite good. Better than I thought it would be, not that I thought is ould be bad but beause I am used to full priced full featued lenses the possible x2 digital extender promises to be very exciting and useful but the choke assembly from the vf cable sitting under the vf is a little heavy and causes the cable to droop preventing easy access to the zoom rocker with my left hand. Hopefully the ZA lens should o ercome that with the rocker poitioex further forward. Great sensitivity and having 4 audio channels came in very useful I have some questions there but in another thread. So I will be posting my thought views and experiences with the camera in whichever thread works best. A very successful first day with my PMW-350 camera.

Cheers

Ron Wilk April 23rd, 2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1518278)
The title says it all. Should we split the shoulder-mount 350 and 320 cameras out to their own board?

Despite the fact that the EX series all use the same codec and bit rate, it certainly would be easier to communicate among owner/users—rather than having to sift through a bevy unrelated posts—and gather information in re these shoulder mount cameras should they be split off to a separate board ... I am in favor.

Paul Gale April 24th, 2010 01:27 AM

I have an EX3 and PMW-350 but think the splitting or creation of a new sub forum for the 350 would be good.

Steve Benjamin April 24th, 2010 03:31 AM

I have the EX3 but would like to follow the PMW350 so would prefer all in one thread for ease of use.

Piotr Wozniacki April 24th, 2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Stone (Post 1518289)
Few of reasons to keep them part of the existing forum. One, all the cameras use the XDCAM EX 35 mbit format/codec. Second, critical mass for discussion and dissemination of information. Third, discussion on the existing cameras is tapering off; talk of the newer cameras is bringing more discussion to this highly trafficked forum.

Are there enough owner/operators of these new cameras to create the critical mass to keep a new forum going?

I second Andrew on that. Plus, many valuable participants (like Alister or Tom), while discussing their toys that we EX1/3 users cannot afford, still can be learnt a lot from.

Chris Hurd April 24th, 2010 09:06 AM

I think we'll go ahead and do the split -- for those with the EX1 / EX3,
if you want to follow the big guns, they'll be a single mouse click away.