PMW-350 Carrying Case? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 26th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Hi Guys, I've a bit out of the loop stranded in the US trying to get home!

Ron's comments on the ease of removal of a camera with VF from the TCCT are valid, the bag does not open as wide as most quick draw bags. I have a Portabrace bag as well and it is certainly easier to get a camera in and out of the Portabrace, but the Portabrace I have does not meet airline regulations and having just today witnessed an irate passenger have his slightly oversize carry on bag get checked in to the hold, it's not a risk I want to take. The TCCT is primarily aimed at those of us that fly a lot and I honestly think that for carrying on a full size camera it's the best camera bag I have seen. If you don't need to meet airline regulations then there are cheaper and probably better bags.

I find that if I insert the 350 into the TCCT lens first and twist it slightly as it goes in and out of the bag it's no too difficult to get it in and out. I think the build quality of the Kata bags is very good. It's a different design philosophy using softer more flexible fabrics to Portabrace's use of rigid sections and coarse materials.

The TCCT's stiffener band can go around either the front or the rear of the camera in flight mode. Once on the ground it slips in to the extension section to make that rigid, although for a 350 you probably don't need to make use of the lens extension unless you have a very long lens.
Old April 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Sorry to hear you are still stuck Alister. I hope you have had a chance to do some storm chasing, lots going on this time of year.
Old April 26th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #33
Trustee

I just need the bag to fly. I would also feel it's better protected in flight if the viewfinder is not protruding while in the overhead bin.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts