Sony Wireless Slot Receiver at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old September 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Major Player
Sony Wireless Slot Receiver

I talked this over a bit with Thierry, but am still looking for any other F700-800 users who may have played with Sony's DWRS01D/4244 wireless 2 channel slot receiver and the matching transmitters.

I understand that it is the only one which can take full advantage of both internal wireless channels, which gives it a nice leg up on the Lectrosonics dual receiver. But I'm curious what the Sony system is like to use in the field, compared to a Lectrosonics. Finicky? Hard to adjust? Not as high quality audio?

Or is it even better and more useful than other wireless systems? It's certainly a bit more expensive...but I'm beginning to like the concept of no longer having a wireless bag hanging on the side of the camera.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Major Player
I have been using the Lectro receiver with good results. 80% of the time I just need one channel and so it will work with the audio input switched to wireless. When I need two channels I use the cable to the rear inputs. That way I could stay with the TA5 connectors for all my lavs and not go outside the Lectro system. You don't really get all the features that a Sony wireless would offer, but seemed like a good solution. If you have a pair of Lectro transmitters you would just need to get the Lectro slot receiver and be done.
George T. Griswold, Jr. New Orleans
George Griswold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts