Shotgun mic holder on side of Viewfinder - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #16
Vortex Media

I use a Camrade bag that we call the "camera coffin" because it is so big.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/626000-REG/camRade_CB_HD_LARGE_CB_HD_Heavy_duty_camBag_Large.html
My F800, C35W, 22x7.6 lens, CAC-12 w/ shotgun, battery, Redrock matte box, rods, etc. all slip right in fully-assembled and ready to roll at a moment's notice. Plenty of nice padding and still room for a 2nd battery, extra discs, and some extra filters for the mattebox.

When I fly, it fits right under my seat.
Okay, just kidding about the last part. It is big and heavy, but very convenient.
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #17
Major Player

Wow, Doug, that's a cool bag...but are you getting any grief from the airlines (or your fellow passengers) when shoving the coffin up in the overheads?

Last few times I've flown, even the flight attendants are starting to get cranky about a normal Portabrace bag, since it won't fit end to end in the overheads.

Regarding the CAC-12: I normally just fold it up against the body of the camera, and make the shotgun nice and tight. Fits right in the bag with room to spare.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #18
Vortex Media

I was just kidding about flying with the camera. I haven't taken a shoulder-mount camera on a plane in 7-8 years. If I can't drive there, it's not coming. Luckily I enjoy driving, in 2010 I was in 37 states.

The only camera I ever fly with is my EX1.
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Doug you are in a nice position not having to fly with your F800.
Old February 7th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #20
Vortex Media

Yes, I know I am lucky not to have to fly with gear anymore.
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #21
Major Player

Yes, that seems to be the right bag/case for a fully operational cam...

hmmm... that would be my 3rd bad within 2 years ;-)

Portabrace CO-ABM: I love this bag, but its too narrow for placing a cam with mounted Mattebox

Petrol PDRB6 : BIG bag, fits a lot in there, "Doc Bag" but doesnt stay open (very fiddly sometimes) by itself

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts