where to buy disks after earthquake? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 19th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #1
Major Player

where to buy disks after earthquake?

there are no more XDCAM disks available in Australia due to the earthquake in Japan which destroyed a major components factory

where do you still get disks outside Australia?
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: where to buy disks after earthquake?

Are those 3rd Party Discs (TDK, Maxell, Fuji) also not available?

Uli

(germany)
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've looked all over Los Angeles for XDCAM disks and haven't been able to find them either. Every store I've talked to has said that they don't have any and they don't know when to expect another shipment.
Joe Sonnenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have stopped supplying XDcam discs to my clients that I am shooting for. I am now shooting on a disc and let the client take it to copy and backup on hard drive (same as they would for an F3, EX3 P2 etc) then return the disc to me.

My XDcam disc supplier says there is still no official word of when any new XDcam discs might start shipping. He was hinting that it may be 2 or 3 months before he recieves any.

Cheers, Tim
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:56 AM   #5
Major Player

rg. handing files to clients or archiving files "only":

My strong recommondation is to use camera file naming ("naming: free" + title") and give unique names.
Otherwise if you collect dozens of disc and collect it on a harddrive you will end up with dozens of clips with the same (!) filename - thats getting weird in your NLE.

Also be aware that if you copy files from XD to harddrive and back to another XD (later) , youŽll end up with a different disk ID (serial number) that could generate problems with AVID Media Composer "classic" mode or other NLEs that sort files with the disk serial number (aka Tape Name).

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts