XMPilot tool released in Apple app store at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XMPilot tool released in Apple app store

The iPad and iPhone XMPilot app have been released in Apples App store. There are great apps as they let you add meta data and use the liveloging features when used with a Sony 500, 700 or F800 and the WiFi adapter.

Lets hope the Android version comes soon too !

This is app going be a great onset tool for most of my work!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: XMPilot tool released in Apple app store

I have been using the XMPilot Tool App for a couple of shoots and am very impressed so far by it. The clip Naming features make changing clip name very quick and easy. Much better than using c**** as the file names. Post people are going to love this.
Also eing able to see the proxy video feed full screen on the ipad, while being able to add clip flags (good, keep, NG) and up to 12 shot markers is great.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Vortex Media

I have not had any reason to test drive XMpilot, but just so you know, custom clip naming has been around since XDCAM HD came on the market 6 years ago. Starting with my F350 back then, and now my F800, I have never had to deal with or see the underlying C****** file names.

I'm sure the other features it offers are new and revolutionary, but not clip naming.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

It's not the ability to custom clip name that gives this application its potential power. It's the ease with which you can use the ipad/phone to edit, add, change those names, along with all of the additional logging features. Implications for workflow have the potential to be significant.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:34 AM   #5
Vortex Media

Peter, I understand all of that, but I was responding to Tim's post #2 that says "Much better than using c**** as the file names."
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Peter, I understand all of that, but I was responding to Tim's post #2 that says "Much better than using c**** as the file names."
Even though clip naming has been available to change for a long time now, I as most cameraman I know, didn't use it on a daily basis as its been too hard to do quickly. That has all changed now with this app. In fact I have used the clip naming feature on every shoot since the app has been released. It is now so very easy and quick to name clips.
Old January 27th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Vortex Media

Faster speed and and easier interface is always an improvement!

Good to hear that people are starting to take advantage of what the camera can do.
Custom clip naming is one of the best features of all the XDCAM camcorders.

I lobbied hard for several years with Sony to get them display the clip name in the viewfinder, and that was a godsend when they finally did it. Being able to program a custom clip name AND see it while you're shooting is a great combination. XMPilot sounds like it takes it to the next level.

Seems like my F800/700 Field Guide might need a new chapter.
http://www.vortexmedia.com/FIELD_GUIDES.html
Old January 29th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Faster speed and and easier interface is always an improvement!

Good to hear that people are starting to take advantage of what the camera can do.
Custom clip naming is one of the best features of all the XDCAM camcorders.

I lobbied hard for several years with Sony to get them display the clip name in the viewfinder, and that was a godsend when they finally did it. Being able to program a custom clip name AND see it while you're shooting is a great combination. XMPilot sounds like it takes it to the next level.

Seems like my F800/700 Field Guide might need a new chapter.
Vortex Media's XDCAM Field Guides
I agree completely that XMPilot is helping me unleash some of the tools already in my camera. XMPilot with the WiFi adapter has given me and edge over other XDcam cameraman out there is Sydney as now when clients see what extra things that can be done so quickly and easily on set with the App loaded on an ipad or iphone, they want to use it on every shoot.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts