Just got Fujinon HA22 - it's massive! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 16th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Just got Fujinon HA22 - it's massive!

Hi all. I just got a Fujinon HA22x7.3 BERM HD lens for my PDW-700. I literally unboxed it 10 minutes ago. I can't believe how big it is! I hired a Canon HJ22 lens for a shoot last week in Abu Dhabi, and just assumed the Fujinon would be the same size, but it's much bigger! About 30% bigger! I am delighted with it and it looks like the focus ring is smoother than the Canon. I think I may have to revised my bars and matte box situation though. Look forward to posting some footage form it shortly from my upcoming shoot in Singapore.
Anyone else out there using a HA22 on their 700 or 800? How do you find it? Best, Sparky
Mark McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Just got Fujinon HA22 - it's massive!

That's a serious lens Mark!

I hope I can get one that nice for my 350 someday
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM   #3
New Boot

I've just bought a 2nd hand one for a PMW-350. It's gorgeous - looks very different from the kit lens. But it does weigh a ton. Well - 3KG anyway. Does anyone know if there's a maximum loading on the camera lens mount (before it all sags...)?
Chris Loughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I had to return mine, for as mainly an ENG cameraman, it was far too heavy and totally threw the balance of the camera off, almost impossible to work on the shoulder. Shame as the glass was lovely.
Mark McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM   #5
New Boot

Was it the -M48 version that you had? I believe the standard HA22 is only 1.78kg - but the -M48 version (no idea what it's that number) is twice the weight because it has larger (and presumably heavier) glass.

It's all very confusing, with models that have very similar numbering but are totally different lenses. And the Fujinon website is precious little help.
Chris Loughlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts