PXW-X400 announced - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 25th, 2016, 10:51 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: PXW-X400 announced

Even though in Panasonic's case they specifically state, quote:

"The HPX610 accepts lenses designed for three chip cameras, even though it features a single MOS sensor, and does not use a prism. As 2/3" ENG-style lenses are designed taking into account the prism, and normally require an adapter to work with single sensor cameras, Panasonic has set the sensor depth of on this camera to compensate for the lack of a prism."

Obviously it's not working as intended in Paul's case. I guess Sony will have their own way of compensating for theses issues. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out but knowing that the smaller the sensor the more critical the convergence and RGB registration has to be I think we will find that the best performance is going to come from the most expensive UHD lenses that have the latest version of ALAC. Those lenses having lens files that can be called up and registered by the lens file function in the camera where the appropriate correction algorithms can be applied to the signal.

All of this becoming available from your friendly local Sony / Fujinon / Canon dealers at premium pricing of course.))

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 11:36 PM   #17
Trustee

No DRS in play here. I tested black stretch, but it looked horrible, and the damn new Panny's have NO MATRIX adjustments, you can boost saturation and maybe phase I think. Just a terrible camera, unbelievable they charge $13000+ for these NEW.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 11:16 PM   #18
New Boot

Coming back OT.... Has anyone used a PXW-X400 for say, any ENG work at all... yet? Just wondering how you're finding it (assuming someone's trialed even a demo unit)...
Pete Bronlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 02:44 AM   #19
Trustee

The local CBS affiliate in San Diego, KFMB CBS8, uses the PXW-X500 with the new Canon HJ18 lenses...I would say the X400 would look similar...they shoot stock settings, so the $40+ package looks pretty ugly, with weird Sony green/yellow hue...very sharp though.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:45 AM   #20
Trustee

Hmmmm...1" sensor 4K camera with B4 mount from Panny...
Attached Thumbnails
PXW-X400 announced-screen-shot-2016-12-23-10.11.29-am.png  
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts