seprating audio tracks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 21st, 2018, 06:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

seprating audio tracks

I'm recording with a Sony PMW320 using separate audio sources for track one and track two. Track one is a wireless mic and track two is the on-board camera mic.

When I import the files from an SxS-1 card using a Sony card reader, the audio tracks are combined into one track. How do I keep these separate?

Using Adobe Premier Pro as my editing system.
Bob Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2018, 12:06 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: seprating audio tracks

There's a few different ways.

a) In your preferences:

Edit > Preferences > Audio > Default Audio Tracks
In the drop-down box for STEREO MEDIA, select "Mono"

The problem with this method is that all of your imported stereo audio - including music - will be split into two tracks by default

b) In your project window:

Select clips > Right click > Modify > Audio channels
For the PRESET option select "Mono" and your stereo track will be split into two audio tracks.

The downside to this method is that you have to do it every time you import clips that you want to be converted to individual tracks.

c) On your timeline:

Right click > Audio Channels
Under the "Media Source Channels" click the checkboxes to deselect the tracks you don't want.

The downside to this is you can only use one of the channels, unless you duplicate the clip.

d) Apply a "Fill Left" or "Fill Right" filter to eliminate the channel you don't want. This is a rather clumsy way of doing it, they only reason to use this method is that it leaves your stereo waveforms intact, so you can glance at your timeline and have a visual reference of what (if anything) is on the silent channel without having to dig into any settings or toggle channels.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts