Sony XDCAM HD -- various topics - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:27 AM   #151
Major Player

Training

Has anyone here gone to the training that Sony provides (like $2,000 USD) for the XDCAM or any other sony product. Would you recommend this?
Mitchell Skurnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #152
Regular Crew

skindetail

Hello HD shooters,

Does anyone have experience with using the skindetail settings on Sony camcorders? I never took the time to do some thorough testing and never met anyone who used it.

Recently we started shooting progressive and it seems that the image looks a little softer than interlaced. That got me thinking on maybe compensating with detail settings.

What is your opinion?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM   #153
New Boot

gamma and exposure

If i use the standard gamma setting with auto-exposure, i can see the zebra 70% on the white skin and the picture is correctly exposed. If then i apply, for example, the cinegamma 2, the picture get darker and the zebra disappear from the skin. The autoexposure does not compensate it: should i manually open the iris til i get again the 70% zebra on the skin to get the correct picture?
Max Bettelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #154
New Boot

Firmware for F355

Hi all,

This may well be a dumb question but I keep reading about Firmware updates for the F350 and I wondered if anyone knows of any firmware updates for the F355 yet?

Cheers

Jon Essex
DSR570 - PDW F355 - FCP Studio 2
Jon Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM   #155
Trustee

the F350 firmware brought in many features that the F355 has. Am sure there will be something in the near future.
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #156
Tourist

Need some details on XDCAM system for university paper

Hello,

I'm looking for some technical details and descriptions for the XDCAM system (regarded as a carrier for storing the data, but the cameras themself as well) for an extensive university paper I have to prepare. There are not so many materials on the internet that I've found.

Any help, guys?
Victoria Toss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #157
Major Player

Exactly what kind of info do you need?

Have you looked at the Sony Biz web site? A number of links that may be useful:

http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowC...37;20PRO%20HUB

http://www.sony.co.uk/res/attachment...7924780833.pdf

http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowP...DCAMCamcorders

Also look at the links at the top of this forum - lots of info there:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62598

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #158
Regular Crew

350 & Hvx200

Saw some concert footage recently of 2 350's intercut with HVX-200. Interesting. HVX made decent pictures but couldn't handle the saturated highlights AT ALL while the 350's had no problem with them. Not a very scientific comparison I realize (no info yet on exposure and other settings between the cameras- BJ, if you're lurking out there be sure to chime in) but it made me want to see the EX-1 in the same situation replacing the 200 and see what the results would be.
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #159
Wrangler

I would chalk most of that up to the 1/3 vs. 1/2 sensor. More dynamic range for the F350 (and for the price difference, there darn well better be).

The EX-1 will also exhibit a wider dynamic range than the HVX200 based on sensor size alone. It's just the nature of the beast.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #160
New Boot

Signal Drop Out via Firewire

I seem to be having a signal drop out every now and again when playing from the camera via firewire. It looses the signal for a second and then finds it again. PDW-F355 and a DSR11 DVCAM.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Jon Essex
DSR570, PDW F355, FCP
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #161
Wrangler

Jon, there are a couple things that I can think of. First, and most obvious thing that came to mind was to try a different cable.

Can you attach camera directly to a computer via FW and see how the capture process goes?

As in all troubleshooting, it's a process of elimination via substitution when substitute items are available.

With the F-355 being fairly new, it may have a bug in the firmware so it's important that you let Sony know if you can't resolve the issue by other means.

BTW, does the deck have a setting for DF/NDF? It might be irrelevant in this case, but making sure both sides match settings is generally a good practice.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #162
Major Player

Rear focus/zoom controls for Fuji lenses?

I have an old JVC rear focus/servo zoom controller that I use with my 570. The focus controller works fine on the F350 but the zoom controller has an incompatible pin arrangement.

I can get a converter cable but it's quite expensive at around £200 ish.

So I was just wondering what other kit people use for remote zoom/focus for conference work etc?

I'm aware of the Manfrotto 524CFi zoom controller which is meant to be quite good and also quite cheap at around £200 (certainly cheaper than the Fuji controller kit at around $3,700!!!)

Any ideas/recommendations?

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #163
Regular Crew

Need User Guide for PDZ-1 Browzing Software

Anyone know the link to download an instruction manual?
Tim Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #164
New Boot

Logging Footage

I'm unsure of how to transfer logging data from one computer to another? The client wants to view the proxies on his Mac laptop and then pass that data on to the edit suite for ingesting etc.
Please could someone talk me through the process which I'm guessing is very simple!

Many thanks,

Jon Essex
Lighting Cameraman / Editor
DSR570 PDW-F355 FCP
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #165
Telecam Films

F350 owners in SF?

Are they any F350 owners in the SF area? Please, reply to thumeau@telecamfilms.com

Thanks.

Thierry.

Last edited by Thierry Humeau; March 20th, 2008 at 06:35 AM.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts