DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Could someone show me how to download MXF files? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/68503-could-someone-show-me-how-download-mxf-files.html)

Joy Kwan May 30th, 2006 07:41 PM

Could someone show me how to download MXF files?

Hi all! I want some XDCAM MXF files to test Flip4Mac plug-in.

But the reels are MOV or WMV files. Where can I download some MXF files? Thanks!

David Mintzer May 30th, 2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joy Kwan
Hi all! I want some XDCAM MXF files to test Flip4Mac plug-in.

But the reels are MOV or WMV files. Where can I download some MXF files? Thanks!

Maybe Simon can send you some.

Joy Kwan May 31st, 2006 12:25 AM

Thanks! Maybe I should ask him here

I wrote to him via E-mail a few days ago. Maybe I should ask him here.

Nate Weaver June 25th, 2006 02:38 PM

I need an MXF too!

I'd like this too. I've got only a few days to figure out if this camera is feasible for an extended doc that starts at the end of next week.

I was under the impression that the Flip4Mac plug was XDCAM SD only, but I just noticed they're claiming some sort of HD compatibility at the moment. 24P? Who knows?

In the short term, I only need access to the proxies to be able to edit on a Mac for webisodes. The full-res stuff can wait until the final edit is due 2-3 months down the road.

Brian Bang Jensen June 25th, 2006 04:35 PM

From this page, you can download sample files from my Sony F330 XDCAM HD camera.

www.bbfilm.dk/hd/xdcam.htm

The full size 35mbit mxf file is only 3 sec, but it should be enough to test your NLE

Nate Weaver June 25th, 2006 05:41 PM

Oh my gosh Brian. Thanks so much. The Flip4Mac plugin actually works. FCP is balking at the proxy file (it comes up and displays still frames, but gives "General Error" when trying to play). The full res file is treated just like 1080i50 HDV in FCP.

It looks like this dang thing might actually work for me.

Next thing I want to know is if 24p comes up as a 23.98 HDV file, or something else. I hate to ask anymore of you, but do you have any 24p MXFs?

Don Donatello June 25th, 2006 06:08 PM

sony has a free DVD they've been handing out that does have some MFX files on it .. try contacting sony in your area ...

also www.VASST.com has a mfx clip on their site ... look under free resources - newest - page 4 january 21, 2006

Nate Weaver June 25th, 2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Donatello
sony has a free DVD they've been handing out that does have some MFX files on it .. try contacting sony in your area ...

also www.VASST.com has a mfx clip on their site ... look under free resources - newest - page 4 january 21, 2006

I believe those samples are SD only.

Greg Boston June 25th, 2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
I believe those samples are SD only.

Nate,

I'll get you a 24p clip to mess with via the method we discussed in PM.

-gb-

Nate Weaver June 25th, 2006 08:33 PM

Thanks!

If this 24p clip works, I've decided this next job is gonna be F330.

Honestly, even if it doesn't, I suspect it will in FCS 5.1 (I have 5.0.4); the Apple spec page lists 1080p24 as being compatible, along with the doc for that Pro App Update from the other week.