New Sony PDZ-VX10 MXF viewer software released (free) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old June 22nd, 2006, 04:59 AM   #1
Trustee

New Sony PDZ-VX10 MXF viewer software released (free)

http://www.sonybiz.net/xdcam

This software not only allows full resolution browsing of XDCAM MXF footage, but enables Windows to display MXF files as thumbnails in the file explorer.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Trustee

Very interesting looking at the data for the files using this software. Slow motion is seemingly actually stored as 1440x540 (well, 544 actually) rather than being interpolated to 1080. Slow motion also appears to be recorded using 18mbps vbr no matter what bitrate is chosen. US 60hz footage appears to be using a 15 frame GOP, while 50hz is using 12. From the clips I have looked at so far.

I shall endeavour to find out from Sony any confirmation on this.

This is a great player though, playing everything totally smoothly full screen even with the title safe area overlay option turned on.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:14 AM   #3
Wrangler

Thanks for the update, Symon. I am going to make this a sticky thread for now so that it won't go unnoticed.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Simon, that was just what I were missing!!
Brian Bang Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:07 AM   #5
Trustee

It is always worth checking back at the Sonybiz XDCAM section as they do tend to update things on a fairly regular basis.

What I would like though is for them to merge this viewer with PDZ-1 and work on the interface for that program to make it more intuitive.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham
It is always worth checking back at the Sonybiz XDCAM section as they do tend to update things on a fairly regular basis.

What I would like though is for them to merge this viewer with PDZ-1 and work on the interface for that program to make it more intuitive.
Yeah Symon I had to register to download the app. Since it was Sony Europe I had to become a UK resident. So where's the nearest pub in these parts? (grin)

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #7
Major Player

Sony Software

Sony USA does NOT reccomend downloading from Europe any software available there. Due to some differences in the software for american market, and NLE system. So I have been told from Sony rep USA.

Whish Sony would have one download area and be more together on these sofware updates. The European and the USA sites are like two different companies.
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I too had to register to get to the download link, only to find it didn't work...at all.

Eventually, after calling three sets of 800 numbers and being told by each one that I had to call another one, I managed to contact a Sony tech who was good enough to give me the link to the ftp files and folders...for a Windows connection - which didn't work because I run a Mac G5:-)

Called him back and he gave me the link for the Mac option....and the download went really smoothly.

Now...if I can just figure out what to do next...:-)

Michael Knight
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Software for Mac

Can you give us the link for the Mac software please? Thank you.
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #10
Major Player

It's linked on the page given in the first post.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts