Batteries..What ya using? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old August 15th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Batteries..What ya using?

After being in a 1/3" camera for most of my life, and now that I have moved up in the camera world, the cost of buying a "Brick" vs. a small camcorder battery is shocking. My budget is now tight and I dread having to spend big bucks on power. has anyone ever used off-brand batteries, such as these?

http://www.batteries4broadcast.com/battery2_sm_pop.htm
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Trustee

There is just such a discussion going on at the moment on the CML. There's some interesting stuff about batteries!

Anton Bauer is a good make, but expensive. But I have to say that I do prefer their batteries due to their size (Dionic 90's).

Swit are also very good, and affordable.

Off brand stuff, well, do you want to take the chance with such a camera? There are some that are apparently good, but I have no idea which ones.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #3
Wrangler

I own some batteries (and a charger) from Kevin (Batteries4Broadcast) for my HD100. They've been trucking along since Christmas without a problem. Battery life is consistent with how they're rated.

If I'm concerned about anything with the package, it's the charger. It's a bit lightweight, but I think it's ok for personal gear (as opposed to rental stock).
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info guys, as always you're the best!
Old August 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I'm using swit ni-mh 156W/h bricks. Last between 3-4 hours of typical usage (3 Disks) each. A little on the heavy side but that helps balance the camera and I find I get less fatigue using these than lighter Li-on cells where I end up proping up the front heavy lens all the time. Cheap too.

I have big concerns over the longevity of Lithium cells. There are expensive to buy and they don't seem to last particularly well, certainly not as many cycles as Nicads or Ni-Mh.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts