FCP 5.1.2 available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old September 26th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP 5.1.2 available

I just downloaded and tried it out. XDCAM Transfer works great with 35Mb/s files. Imported into FInal Cut Pro, edited a sample and exported sequence back to camera with no problems.
FCP Video scopes now read entire frame and in real time a huge improvement.

cheers

Morotn
Morton Molyneux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Wrangler

Did you get poster frames for each clip in the upper window of XDCAM Transfer? For some reason, I didn't get any as it read my disk, but I was able to manually set them after the fact.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:03 AM   #3
New Boot

Has anyone had any success using an imac G5 for xdcam hd editing. I have the suite but only use the DVDSP product at present, I use a canopus system. I briefly tried to put a short clip on the fcp timeline and could not get it to play without stopping after a frame or 2, it then claimed it needed rendering. It maybe the preset I chose any suggesstions would be gratefully received

Andy
Andy Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Did you get poster frames for each clip in the upper window of XDCAM Transfer? For some reason, I didn't get any as it read my disk, but I was able to manually set them after the fact.

-gb-

Hi Greg,

The first disk started loading the proxie poster frames then stopped but it was my error as I renamed the disk as it was still loading in the background. I ejected the disk and reloaded into camera and all loaded up OK. I created some sub-clips, selected some clips, subclips and imported directly into Final Cut. Tried another disk and all worked Ok.

cheers

Morton
Morton Molyneux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #5
Wrangler

So all day yesterday I shoot HD 30p, knowing that it would be supported in less than two weeks time. 30p because I had a B and a C camera shooting b-roll, and 30p was the filmy common denominator.

So last night, after a long day of doc shooting, I get back, install the update, and find that 30p is ONLY for 35mbit mode. I shot in 25.

ARRRRGHHHHHHGGGG!
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
So all day yesterday I shoot HD 30p, knowing that it would be supported in less than two weeks time. 30p because I had a B and a C camera shooting b-roll, and 30p was the filmy common denominator.

So last night, after a long day of doc shooting, I get back, install the update, and find that 30p is ONLY for 35mbit mode. I shot in 25.

ARRRRGHHHHHHGGGG!
I also noticed in the sequence drop down that 18mb vbr modes are not there. I haven't tried shooting 18VBR to see if I can unwrap it with XDCAM transfer after the FCP update. Hmmm... the plot thickens.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts