F350 skin detail - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old November 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM   #16
Trustee

Carroll, have you tried going into the minus figures (if there are any)? Also, have you tried adjusting the Skin DTL Width option?
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:52 PM   #17
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
I submit that the Dell is a poor monitor to be making critical decisions on.
So what would you recommend one use to detect such subtle changes?

I would submit that if the skin detail change will not show on that monitor then, even if one wanted to use that function it would be useless because it would not be detectable on display used by the customer.

I've used the procedure recommended by Matthew and I have yet to detect a change.

Carroll Lam
Carroll Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 09:10 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll Lam
So what would you recommend one use to detect such subtle changes?

I was using the HDSDI input on a Sony LMD-232WS 23-Inch LCD Monitor. But the change was very subtle. I expected a bigger change as well.

Another helpful suggestion from above would be to make sure you've narrowed the skin detail width down to a more specific tone. This helps to keep everything else sharp while decreasing detail in a more specific color/tone.
Matthew Ernest Adams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts