DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   re-stripe? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/79043-re-stripe.html)

Bill Weaver November 6th, 2006 11:34 PM

re-stripe?

Damn...

Dumb mistake #42.

Forgot to install that lithium battery and knocked off a few disks, and of course, every clip starts with 00 time code.

Can still work with this -- but for future, is there an easy way to "re-stripe" these disks? Feed them to another XD HD record deck via SDI?

Or do I just have to work with a couple hundred clips as if they were each a seperate reel?

Embarrisingly yours
BW

Thierry Humeau November 7th, 2006 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Weaver
Damn...

Dumb mistake #42.

Forgot to install that lithium battery and knocked off a few disks, and of course, every clip starts with 00 time code.

Can still work with this -- but for future, is there an easy way to "re-stripe" these disks? Feed them to another XD HD record deck via SDI?

Or do I just have to work with a couple hundred clips as if they were each a seperate reel?

Embarrisingly yours
BW

Bill,

I just went through this yesterday.... I had someone shot XDCAM HD for us in Kenya and for some reasons, the TC was reset to 00:00:00:00 six times on the disc. If you are editing in FAM mode, that is not an issue. Otherwise, I think your only solution is to dub onto an other XDCAM HD deck via HD-SDI. Note that if your material is shot at 24P and use the camera as a player to make the dub, you'll have to set your recorder to 59.94i. The camera seems to always add pull down to 24P HD footage on its HD-SDI output. No biggy.

Thierry.

Thierry.

Thierry Humeau November 7th, 2006 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau
Bill,

I just went through this yesterday.... I had someone shot XDCAM HD for us in Kenya and for some reasons, the TC was reset to 00:00:00:00 six times on the disc. If you are editing in FAM mode, that is not an issue. Otherwise, I think your only solution is to dub onto an other XDCAM HD deck via HD-SDI. Note that if your material is shot at 24P and use the camera as a player to make the dub, you'll have to set your recorder to 59.94i. The camera seems to always add pull down to 24P HD footage on its HD-SDI output. No biggy.

Thierry.

Thierry.

Bill,

You may want to try this. Simon just posted this on the XDCAM.com.au web site:

"Re: sending 1080p 23.98 through the F350 HD-SDI output?
Each cliplist can be given its own timecode. So what you could do is group all the clips you want to transfer together into a cliplist which will then have its own continuous timecode.

I haven't tried this myself, but if you then perform a cliplist file transfer via PDZ-1 this timecode should also transfer."

Let us know if it works.

Thierry.

Simon Wyndham November 7th, 2006 09:19 AM

It should also work for playing the cliplist out through the SDI port too.

Load up the cliplist in the camera, and display the clip menu (hold down Shift and Sel/Set). Now select TC Preset. You can then set the start timecode of that cliplist. To zero the timecode off, just press Reset on the LCD monitor. Then save the Cliplist again.