DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   FCPro Edit Questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/79746-fcpro-edit-questions.html)

Thierry Humeau November 15th, 2006 10:06 PM

FCPro Edit Questions

Hi,

I am working at a client's facility which as FCPro edit bays. I have a couple of questions in regard to FCPro XDCAM transfer software:

1. We have a bin with clips ingested with PDZ-K transfer. Only sections of the original clips on the XDCAM discs were imported. The media as been erased from the drives, how do you re-ingest those clips from the FCPro bin?

2. The clips mentioned above are from a 2-camera shoot. I'd like to duplicate all the clips from camera A in the bin but import them from the camera B disc (both discs have match time code) to do a multicam cut. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Thierry.

Nate Weaver November 15th, 2006 10:23 PM

There's no real mechanism between FCP and the Transfer software, other than the import process. So both of the situations you are just going to have a human as the go between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau
We have a bin with clips ingested with PDZ-K transfer. Only sections of the original clips on the XDCAM discs were imported. The media as been erased from the drives, how do you re-ingest those clips from the FCPro bin?

Hopefully the Transfer Software still has the in & outs set for each disc clip. If so, it'll just be a matter of putting in the disc and hitting import. If not, you can import the entire clip and the two separate master clips can reference the same singular piece of media.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau
The clips mentioned above are from a 2-camera shoot. I'd like to duplicate all the clips from camera A in the bin but import them from the camera B disc (both discs have match time code) to do a multicam cut. Is there any way to do this?

You'll just have to manually type in ins and outs for the clips on the B cam disc.

Unfortunately, the XDCAM flow on FCP right now doesn't jive too well with an offline/online traditional process. They just figure you'd want to bring almost everything in and edit full res.

I have to say, having done that, it's not too troublesome.

Thierry Humeau November 15th, 2006 10:27 PM

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I'll pass it around.

Thierry.

Greg Boston November 16th, 2006 06:48 AM

And along with what Nate said, to make the re-ingest process a little easier.

With XDCAM Transfer app opened up, insert the same disc that has the clips you want to re-ingest.

Goto View, Sort by, Subclips. This will put all clips that have in/out points marked at the top of the stack. Now you can rubber band select those clips and hit the import button. This is much easier than going through all the thumbnails and looking for which ones have the IN/OUT message displayed on them.

-gb-