DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Xdcam Hd Uk Owners? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/81351-xdcam-hd-uk-owners.html)

Andy Walton December 9th, 2006 07:29 AM

Xdcam Hd Uk Owners?

Hi, there seems to be a few of us now, can we set up a little network?

I am in Kent and may need to do some multicam shoots, it would seem easier to get an owner operator rather than find hire companies.

If you are interseted post here with contact details and typical rates

Andy

My typical daily rate is £350 plus expenses basic kit included (350 with sd w/a canon YH12x4.8 KRS)
Same rate for DSR-570
Polecam from £350 (short day) to £600 (long Day) inc anamorph and DSR-50

I am near Canterbury
07782 154547
01843 847218

Phil Bloom December 16th, 2006 02:05 PM

Hi Andy

I am interested but a fair bit more expensive! My rate is £500 a day for basic kit with HD Canon lens, sd wide angle, wally dolly etc. I think you should put up your rates!!

Phil

Mark McCarthy February 7th, 2007 06:14 AM

rates

Hi Andy
I am based in Essex and am getting a F350 to replace my DSR450. It arrives next Friday.
I too am around £500 per day.

Hope you're keeping busy.

Sparky

Phil Bloom February 7th, 2007 12:39 PM

you got much work lined up with it Mark?

Mark McCarthy February 8th, 2007 12:37 PM

Hi there.

I run a small production called Sparky Media Productions

www.sparkymedia.net

I used a DSR 450 (which I loved) and have now upgraded to the F350. None of my clients have specifically asked for HD content but I just had to get the camera. It's a real shame it is going to be so hard to get them to the the HD footage (certainly for a couple of years) usless they watch it as a Windows Media 9 file on a pc.

The camera arrives next week and I just got a HDlink so I can see the footage on my 40''Sony Bravia. Can't wait to run some footage through it.
It will be nice to offer the HD content to clients though. My rates won't charge and it will still be around £500- £600 a day.

Regards, Mark

Phil Bloom February 8th, 2007 12:49 PM

best of luck with it Mark.

I have the blackmagic card for my Apple 23" display. Works like a charm.

I have some very nice scene files if you would like them, I also thoroughly recommend the handson XDcam HD DVD. Its a bit pricey but I learnt so much from it.

Oh, and if you ever need a 2 camera shoot...

Phil

P.S. I am selling my 7inch Marshall SDI HD field monitor if interested. Brand new never used with Petrol bag

Mark McCarthy February 8th, 2007 01:13 PM

Hi Andy

I edit with Vegas, version 7 now which I love. Can you take HD footage, edit it, and then render it as an AVI file? Is that an option, I am sure the answer is probably a big no!

Don't need the field monitor at the moment thanks. Never really used my old SD one. Good luck selling it though.

What type of work do you shoot?

Mark