PDW-F70 W/ Network Card Board at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 18th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PDW-F70 W/ Network Card Board

Is anyone using the PDW-F70 with the high speed network card board option
on an Apple?

Have a few simple questions....
Rob Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #2
New Boot

Network card

I have the network card installed. I originally thought I would use it for other workstations that aren't close enough for the firewire input. It does work ok, but you have to use an ftp protocol software to see the deck and then you have to copy the entire disk to a local hard drive before you can use the transfer software. On my network (which is only a 100 base T network) it's taking 20 to 30 minutes to copy over a full disc. So I'm not thrilled with this option for right now. I hope this helps...
Jay Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You need a router that supports: 1000Base-T ethernet and also ensure your
cables support this speed. Then it should be much faster.

You using a PC or MAC?

Please let me know how that works out for you if you go that path.
Rob Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #4
New Boot

network card

We have 3 Mac based FCP workstations... I haven't got around to updating our network because we're part of a larger organization and are on that network which is only 100 base T. I haven't had a need to import the XDCAM stuff into any other edit suite yet, so when I need to it will become more urgent. I've also looked into getting firewire repeaters and a switcher or fw patchbay to access my other suites, that way you don't have to copy the disc.
This also helps if you plan to rename any files on the disc. You would not be able to do this over the network.
Jay Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM   #5
Major Player

Purchased the software from Telestream- Flip for MAC, MXF import, but they are were not supporting transfer of a 35mb format a few months ago. There were some other issues as well, went back to the firewire cable again and just pulling it from one workstation to another when needed. Will have to check back with them to see if they are supporting the higher data rate.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts