DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Which tripod to use with XDcam HD? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/85821-tripod-use-xdcam-hd.html)

Brian Ladue February 6th, 2007 01:14 PM

Which tripod to use with XDcam HD?

I was wondering which tripod people are using with the Xdcam HD? I will be getting a F350 soon and i'm trying to decide on a tripod that would be a perfect match with the Camera. I was leaning towards the Vinten Vision 8... I read a review somewhere, and the guy said that the Vision 8 and the F350 was a perfect match....is there any other tripods that would be just as good or better with the F350? which tripod are you using? Thanks

Mark Bournes February 6th, 2007 01:22 PM

Brian, I use a gitzo tripod with miller heads. They work well together.

Thierry Humeau February 6th, 2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Ladue
I was wondering which tripod people are using with the Xdcam HD? I will be getting a F350 soon and i'm trying to decide on a tripod that would be a perfect match with the Camera. I was leaning towards the Vinten Vision 8... I read a review somewhere, and the guy said that the Vision 8 and the F350 was a perfect match....is there any other tripods that would be just as good or better with the F350? which tripod are you using? Thanks

I love the Sachtler System 15 with CF Quick Lock legs. It's light and perfectly balanced for this camera with room to add extra hardware.

Thierry.

Emanuel Altenburger February 6th, 2007 04:00 PM

Vinten Vision

Hello,

I think any Vinten Vision product starting with Vinten Vision 8 would be a good choice. But it´s a question of taste. Personally I use a Vinten Vision 11 with CF legs and sometimes a Sachtler Video 20+ CF. For my taste the Sachtler is in some respect better when shooting (especially when panning) in extreme tele-angles. However, a Vinten Vision is probably a good choice in terms of what you get for your money. A decent Vinten Vision 8 CF will serve you perfectly and would cost you something like £2200.00 + VAT whereas a Sachtler Video 15 system would be £3.300.00 + VAT.

But as said it´s always a question of taste. But anyway, also the Sachtler truly is definitely worth every single penny.
Best regards, E.

Rachael Rowan February 6th, 2007 04:55 PM

Tripod for F350

I use a Sachtler 18, which works quite well. However, if I didn't have to fly with it I would actually prefer something just a little bit bigger and heavier.

Best, R

Rachael Rowan February 6th, 2007 04:57 PM

Sachtler

"...I love the Sachtler System 15 with CF Quick Lock legs."

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the Quick Lock Legs are VERY, VERY nice. It definately speeds things up, if that's important to you.

Matthew Ernest Adams February 7th, 2007 02:31 AM

Sachtler 18 speed balance head, with carbon Sachtler Hot-Pod legs. Super stable platform with quick and easy heighth changes with an extendable column.

Lindsay Bruce February 8th, 2007 08:52 AM

Good question Brian - I'm in the same boat as you and was leaning towards the Vision 8!

Brian Ladue February 8th, 2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay Bruce
Good question Brian - I'm in the same boat as you and was leaning towards the Vision 8!

Thank you all very much for your input, very much appreciated! So I have come to a decision based on a few things and one is... well living in the far north where temperatures often go below -10 my dealer did not recommend the Vision 8 because it is only rated to -10 degrees below zero. He recommended the Sachtler System 15. So based on some careful research and consideration i have decided on the Sachtler. Thanks again everyone.

Brian.