New firmware package V1.58 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New firmware package V1.58

My Sony dealer in Antwerp Belgium invited me yesterday to visit him to upgrade my camerasoftware to version 1.58. So I went to... ...ftp://ftp.sony.com

I looked back to an earlier contribution of Rob Stiff, see 'Firmware here'
Rob wrote (I made it actual):

ftp://ftp.sony.com
If using OS X, use an ftp program.

User Name: storage
Password: NONE (e.g. leave blank)

Select the folder: XDCAM - Optical Disk
Select the folder: Software
Select the folder: PDW-F350 (or PDW-F330)
Select the folder: Version PKG-1.58 - AT1.51

Download the folder and read the instructions carefully. With this package you are able to update from PKG-1.56/AT1.50 to PKG-1.58/AT1.51. If you have software prior to this version you may also have to upgrade the Fresh component to V1.05. See the instructions!

I haven't figured out yet what the new software gives.
My dealer wrote: new functionality like cache recording, costum naming of clips, locking of clips, random deleting of clips.
In the instructions they name also several bugs like one that haunted me: The bug that the BATT REMAIN DISP shows zero (0) when the BP-M series battery is used is corrected. It forced my camera to restart at random with the affected battery. It should be fixed now.

Enjoy!
Klaas van Urk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I hope it makes the reset defaults in the 350 & 330
all the same. Currently if you were to do a master reset
of the 350 and the 330 they are not the same settings.
Rob Stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:56 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaas van Urk
My dealer wrote: new functionality like cache recording, costum naming of clips, locking of clips, random deleting of clips.
In the instructions they name also several bugs like one that haunted me: The bug that the BATT REMAIN DISP shows zero (0) when the BP-M series battery is used is corrected. It forced my camera to restart at random with the affected battery. It should be fixed now.
Klaas, those new functions all came in version 1.56 so I suspect 1.58 is a minor bug fix release.

Thanks for the info.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts