Is there audio control with internal editing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 13th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Is there audio control with internal editing?

One of the interesting features of the XDcamHD is the ability to perform cuts only editing internally.

Can one select which channel of audio in a clip is present, or do you get both channels?
For shooting news, I usually use Ch-1 for the interviews and CH-2 for camera mic, however for assembling a story I wouldn't use the nat sound under the clips, and it would best to not have it there when sending it down the line.

I realize that a lap-top is the way to go, but I am curious about just what is possible with the internal feature.

Another question. If one does a proxy edit and saves the list back to disk, would the camera have control of which audio channels were heard during playback?
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #2
Wrangler

Sorry Peter, there are no audio editing or track selection features in camera. It's cuts only editing. You can assemble the portions of clips you want and the order in which you want them and save it as a cliplist (but you probably knew this already).

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Greg, a guy can hope!

And while I'm dreaming, wouldn't it be cool if Sony did offer a remote edit controller and provide the capability to do basic split editing on board? It would truly be the ideal news-gathering camera.

I guess it's called a "lap-top".

Peter
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Newsom View Post
Thanks Greg, a guy can hope!

And while I'm dreaming, wouldn't it be cool if Sony did offer a remote edit controller and provide the capability to do basic split editing on board? It would truly be the ideal news-gathering camera.

I guess it's called a "lap-top".

Peter
Yes, they are pretty much counting on anyone who is savvy enough to use XDCAM to have a laptop for editing in the field. It's a potent combination in my mind.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts