Scene Files - Detail Level at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 14th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Scene Files - Detail Level

Hello,

has anyone of you tried out shifting the detail level into +, for example +80? What are your experiences with that? Is the picture maybe even too sharp then? Iīve done some wonderful shots yesterday with +80 (mostly wide shots), which look absolutely amazing. But I wonder whether there are any disadvantages, using this sort of setting?
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Wrangler

I think you're on the right track with sharpening the wide shots which tend to look soft.

I haven't personally tried it, but I will let you know how it works out for me.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Wrangler

Emanuel, how are you monitoring?

If your monitoring is not high enough quality, sometimes you can be fooled into thinking more detail is better.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

greg,
thatīs what I thought on location and i just went on and tried it out. The picture looked a bit washed out before, even though I was at -3db gain and had F4 - and of course absolutely brilliant weather.

nate,
on this shoot I was monitoring with a sony LMD-9050 and it gave me an absolutely amazing picture compared to other settings which Iīve tried out at the same location.
The pictures looked amazing to my eye - maybe, when seeing them now on the big screen they are even a bit too sharp ...... as I said I am a bit unsure whether I should be using the + setting in the details section, or whether it could cause troubles otherwhere ......
The monitor definitely told me that I should go up to about +80. I donīt know whether this was the right choice, thatīs why I was keen to know whether anybody of you guys had already tried out pushing the details into +.
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts