DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/)
-   -   Battery problems since firmware update (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-eng-efp-shoulder-mounts/89176-battery-problems-since-firmware-update.html)

Klaas van Urk March 17th, 2007 01:19 PM

Battery problems since firmware update

As owner of a PDW-F330 I experience battery problems after the firmware upgrade last october. My camera seems to restart itself at random. It blacks out totaly for a moment and then turns back to normal operation. This bug makes one battery, a Sony BP-L90A nearly unusable. Another Sony battery has this problem too, but not so often. I hoped for a fix with the latest firmware update. The document that came with the update mentions a problem like mine. But the problem seems getting worse.

Has someone else experienced the same problem with older Sony batteries?

Any suggestions?

Klaas van Urk June 27th, 2007 06:10 AM

The problem had noting to do with the update at all. I bought one of the first cameras. The pins on the bottom of the battery-plate were of a new type. After a few month they where worn out. Resulting in unreliable contact between battery and camera. Prime support replaced them with the ones used on former models. The problem is solved.

Greg Boston June 27th, 2007 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaas van Urk (Post 703549)
The problem had noting to do with the update at all. I bought one of the first cameras. The pins on the bottom of the battery-plate were of a new type. After a few month they where worn out. Resulting in unreliable contact between battery and camera. Prime support replaced them with the ones used on former models. The problem is solved.

Wow, that is good information, Klaas. I had several AB batteries already when I got my camera so I immediately bought the AB v mount adapter. It stays on the camera all the time so I hope my contacts will stay in good shape.

I did have a different but strange occurrance yesterday. While having the camera attached to my laptop in FAM mode, I was creating a clip list and wasn't accessing the camera although it was powered on and attached, showing 'PC Remote' on the display. All of a sudden, I hear Windows make its little device disconnect sound and looked over to find the camera no longer showing pc remote. I cycled the power to the camera and all was okay again.

-gb-

Mike Watson June 27th, 2007 08:50 PM

Sometimes that windows "Be-bunk!" sound can be caused by a shoddy firewire cable. Check that first.

Then, it could be a driver conflict. I battled this with a GVG laptop for a long time, and finally found the offending driver and killed it. So frustrating because it's seemingly random. Might stay on for hours, might not connect at all. Grrr.

Uli Mors June 27th, 2007 11:13 PM

I am using a firewire connection for a Primera Bravo Disc Copier/Printer - sometimes I plug it in and hear an windows connection on AND off sound directly - cant get it running without rebooting.

Never found out why but SOMETIMES firewire behaves a bit strange (same with my video pc, sometimes he doesnt find my cam , reboot helps)

So I wouldnt worry to much but have an eye on (or try a different cable if problem steadily occurs)

ULI