Laptop Edit Solution? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

AVID is great. Mixing resolutions and media management etc. is just brilliant. I was a bit confused though, when AVID announced that they wouldnīt support 35mb/s in Xpress Pro. Also they didnīt support Writeback onto Disc up to this day. But I assume Thierry is right again - and also the PDF file above tells us, that writeback will be supported in the next version. Then, AVID is in competition again. For me it seemed a bit like they wanted to stop Xpress Pro. But now Xpress Pro definitely is in the race again.
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM   #17
Major Player

I don't see any mention of support for any additional SD or HD XDCAM resolutions in the readme file. Also have not found any support for proxy editing at all.

Once again disappointment.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 04:48 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thatīs right. Couldnīt find that either.
But still, writeback to XDCAM is a small step in the right direction....
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:49 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Avid seems to support 35mbit now ...

Somebody on the AVID forum just posted this:

"Sony XDCAM workflow enhancements. Added support for bit rates of 18 and 35 Mb/s offers more flexibility to balance picture quality and recording length when capturing XDCAM HD. Version 5.7 now offers the option to write back to XDCAM media via FireWire."

So somehow there must be added support for 35mbit/s. I will download the new version asap and will let you know if iīm able to import my 35mbit material. Unfortunately I canīt find the download anywhere. On the Avid forum they say that itīs already available for $ 49,99

Best regards,
Emanuel
Emanuel Altenburger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts